Self and Team, Flawed

The next morning I opened my eyes to meet the gas mask of Pyro, up close and personal with my face.  I could hear him breathing slowly. Though I'm pretty sure he was well aware that I was awake, we continued to have at it at our staring competition. His shadow cast upon my face and blocked my complete view of the window!

"Hmhmph." 

"Right now? Mission?" I rested my hand on my forehead and closed my eyes. "How long have you been here?"

Merrily, he held up 3 gloved fingers and blew at me a soapy bubble. 

"Minutes?" 

He shook his head no. 

"Seconds?"

No.

"Hours?"

He then jumped up and pranced around the room before gleefuly laughing and giving me a thumbs up. He's such a show. 

"Ay, Flamewick," Scout came into view of the door frame. "Overalls needs ya. Said he's testin' out a thing." 

Turning back to me, Pyro held his hands up to cover his mask and hummed to me a silly song and swirled a finger around his temple to indicate that Scout was crazy. Then he skipped out the door and left. Just like that. 

"Don't listen to what he says," Scout tightened his crossed arms. 

"But he didn't say anything."

"You so sure?"

"I'm so sure." As if I really needed to clarify? I scratched my neck.

"So‒"

"So??" I sorely shook my head at him. "Are you going to watch me get ready or what?" 

"D-oh-uhh... n-no! I was just leaving. Don't be late to the mission is what ‒ what I was meant to say. Later." And he scurried his way down the hallway, leaving a cloud of dust surrounding my doorway.

I sighed, rubbed my back and stretched. It was very, very late in the morning. Every day it seemed I was waking up super late. Maybe it's just the odd hours during the night filled with strange noises that seemed to come from Dell's room. It's kind of a mystery how he stays awake during the day. Mystery or not, he is still the most human out of anyone on this team. 

Rubbing my face, I felt a slight jolt of pain when my fingers hovered over my nose. It was the tip. What was wrong with it? I slipped out of bed, and bent over my reflection as I reached the mirror. 

There was a nice red one‒a pimple, right on the tip of my nose. I stood there touching and poking it, wincing every time. But there's no way no one would notice it... nobody in this team ever notices anything. Right? No one's going to see it. 

"But Pyro saw it today..." I muttered to the ground. 

I tugged at my mask. No one's going to see it. 

-----

 "Am I takin' this seat once again after today?" Dell grinned as he opened the passenger door of the van. 

"Just get in, gumby." Mundy sighed.

The van was loaded, everyone was seated, and Heavy shut the double doors.

"Dummkopf! Vould you like a bigger hat??" Medic tried to scoot away from Demo and his one-foot radius hat. Talk about shade. 

He was probably already half filled with alcohol. In fact, he pulled a bottle right out of thin air and popped it open! "Aye, we need one bigger for the both of us! Ha!!"