Help Me Shoot

"Lay it on me."

"Well... that was a DISAPPOINTMENT!" Spy paced back and forth in front of me. "How could you have been so careless? How can you not shoot a gun!? I must be dreaming... Spy? Killing as a hobby? Please." 

"Relax, buddy," Dell stroked his chin. "Wasn't gonna make a difference anyway. There ain't nothin' we can do about it; they had themselves up a teleporter already."

"How was it she did not sap it?"

"How was it that you didn't either?" 

I stared ahead blankly to the back of the wall. Our mission loss was put on me, because I didn't shoot. I couldn't shoot. As I had said before, I do a better job at the stabbing. Never thought it'd be that much of a hindrance until now, though. The rest of the team was at this table, too. Seems most of us had been overcome with fatigue. I sucked in a breath and continued to mercilessly tap my feet on the ground. My fingers interlaced with each other under the table. 

Spy bunched up his shoulders and crossed his arms. "It was because of her that we lost!" 

"C'mon, all because of a little aim?" Scout leaned on his chair. Turning my stare to him, the sides of his elfin features curled into an angled smirk that faced directly at me. I scoffed. "Maybe she was, let's say... distracted‒yeah‒by the face of a brave hero?" I looked back at him. With his head tilted up, he seemed to radiate a sense of charm that absolutely begged for me to desire the outcome of me punching his face. I stood up. And, with a heaving anger welling inside my chest, I exhaled and headed for the stairs.

"Sleep sounds good right now. Bye."

-----

I woke up. Today... unfortunately... was training day. What better day to have it than the day after I lost the misison? Thankfully, no one was in my room to even remind me. I've been in this team for a while now, and I've kept up with the specific events and practices and their corresponding days. Although, I'm still given reminders every now and then.

I felt up the covers to my nose. Then, with a gentle squeeze, I was given a little shock of pain to make me flinch. Obviously, the thing was still there. I immediately grabbed my mask on the bedside table, put it on, and headed for the outside. 

"Ah, Ava." Spy strolled over to me as I made it to the field. Forcibly chucked against my chest was a gun. "It's for you."

"You want me to shoot with this?"

"I want you to shoot and aim with it."

I held the weapon in both of my hands. It was The Ambassador. A little heavier than my normal gun, but it wasn't unbearable. "Where exactly am I shooting?" 

He swiftly drew out his gun, stepped forward and fired. Its bullet sent a low hum throughout the surrounding area that swept upwards in an echoing wave. It shattered a glass bottle right on the wall of the tin shack where Heavy and I had searched for Pyro. There were ten of these bottles left, all lined up against the wall. They were also probably Demo's trash; all one hundred feet away from me. I pulled out my knife and threw it at the first one. It flew through the air for a couple of seconds before it lodged into the bottle perfectly. It landed with a sharp shatter to the ground. 

"Excellent." Spy rested his arms behind his back. "Now use your gun."

I pulled it out. Its shiny metal reflected the sun. As I held it in my hands, I automatically closed one eye. I held the target right on my sight, waited for the wind to stop completely, and pulled the trigger.