XIV

_______________________________________________________

Taehyung woke up again in the early morning hours, as per usual. He got up and felt the need to press a kiss to Jungkook's forehead. He planted the kiss getting up slowly. He headed to the kitchen got a big glass of water and chugged it down.

He felt the breeze come in from the open window. They kept a window open so that the cool air would enter the flat. It would make them cold and move closer together in their sleep.

Taehyung turned his attention from the counter to outside the window. He couldn't see the sunrise because of the clouds. They managed to cover the horizon. He opened the balcony door and sat on the floor. 

He stared at the sky thinking. Ah Jungkook is so cute. I love how kind and strong he is, he's not even afraid to tell me he was jealous. Why can't I be that brave? Instead of just  crying, figuratively, over my parents. They kicked me out and probably don't even think about me any more. Yet here I am they've been occupying my mind a lot recently, huh? Maybe the were right when they said I shouldn't pursue writing. What if my books just aren't successful.

Flashback:

"Oh my son, these are my favourite moments with you. Promise me you'll always wake up at sunrise so we can watch it together," his mother said.

She also had the habit of waking up when the day starts. Taehyung nodded eagerly as rested his head on his mum's shoulder. The were sat on the sofa on a balcony.

"I love you, mum,"

"I love you too my son, more then you'll ever know."

The sun came out completely and they headed back inside. Taehyung went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast while his mum went to wake up his dad.

He made chocolate chip pancakes. He set the table and when he brought the food they were both there.

"Morning son," his dad greeted first.

"Good morning, dad!" Taehyung smiled, placing the food down.

Without realising it Taehyung had tears in his. He chuckled bitterly, hole wiping his tears. He sat closer to the railings letting his legs dangle. He looked over at the people going to work, opening shops. He sighed.

Everyone had their own lives. They had their own problems. Own pains. Taehyung was just another one of those insignificant lives. But at least the all those insignificant people had someone who relay on them, and have someone to relay on. It must be nice having people who care about you. Not having doubts about your security.

Taehyung sighed. He grabbed his laptop and a cup of milk. He sat at the ledge, legs dangling down, ear phones playing the same song that was on repeat three years ago when he moved away. He began to type his essay, in a proper format describing all the emotions he's been holding back.

   Coming out. It had changed my life in so many ways. When I came out to my parents as bisexual, they didn't accept me. In fact without hesitation they kicked me out of the house. I had to live on the streets. That was the first change it caused. The second was moving of an entire town, my friend was coming here, Seoul, for college, I moved with him. The third change was school, all my friends changed, and i had to speak with in Seoul dialect.

   Living on the streets was tough. I wasn't able to sleep because it was so cold. I had frostbite on my ass from sitting on the ice covered benches. I had no money so I didn't eat anything either. I was lucky the shop keeper lent me some food out of sheer pity.