4: Alright Then Muscles

"So you met the VKs?" a black haired girl- Lonnie, the daughter of Mulan- who was laid on her stomach on her bed questioned Maddie as she attempted to pull a hairbrush through her crazy red curls. "I heard the son of Jafar is totally a dreamboat."

"Meh. He's alright." Maddie shrugged. She heaved a sigh and threw her hairbrush onto her bed.

"Alright?" Come on, you have to have other words!" Lonnie persisted.

"Confident. Big ego. Criminal. Muscles. Take your pick." Maddie said as she leaned down and peered underneath her bed.

"Muscles? He has muscles?" Lonnie pressed her questions further.

"Like I said, meh. Not that impressive, really." the redhead responded. "They're just getting so much attention because they're different and we've never seen anyone like 'em before."

"Well they are the sons and daughters of the evillest villains." Lonnie pointed out. "Of course they're different. And attractive I've heard."

"Yeah well you never know. Maybe they're more like us than we think." Maddie shrugged, pulling out her bow and some arrows from underneath her bed and slinging it over her shoulder.

"Do you think he's attractive?" Lonnie asked.

"Who are we talking about here? I wasn't really paying attention." Maddie yawned.

"Jay. Do you think he's attractive?" Lonnie repeated. Maddie paused for a moment. "You do!" Lonnie exclaimed.

"Well I wouldn't say he isn't." Maddie said casually. "That's why I didn't deny it or accept it."

"You were definitely daydreaming about him." Lonnie muttered.

"What? No I wasn't." Maddie sighed. "You know what, I can't be bothered to deal with you and your obsessions so I'm off, I'll be back." she walked towards the door with her bow still on her shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Lonnie looked over to the door.

"Oh I'm going to go bake some 'welcome to Auradon' cupcakes and sing songs." Maddie said, her tone riddled with sarcasm. She then pointed to her bow. "Archery. Where'd you think?"

"You have to say hi to Jay if you see him." Lonnie said excitedly. Maddie rolled her eyes.

"Oh my god I'm so done with you and they've been here not even a day." she grumbled, leaving the room and shutting the door behind her. Alone in the corridor, Maddie looked left to right. "Well, I did say that I'd teach him archery." she muttered to herself. "Alright then, Muscles, I'm on my way." she mumbled as she strode off left down the hallway towards the boys' dorms.

"Twenty nine... thirty... thirty one... thirty two!" Maddie exclaimed when she reached the door. "Well I hope this is the right one." she muttered, knocking three times and then stepping back. There was a silence, and then all of a sudden a large thud.

"I'll get it!" a voice exclaimed. It sounded like Carlos, Maddie assumed.

"No I want to get it!" Jay said.
"Jeez they act like children." Maddie said quietly.

"Will both of you stop? I'll get it." a feminine voice interrupted the boys' bickering. Maddie heard the door click and opened to reveal the purple-haired daughter of Maleficent: Mal. In the room, Evie stood with her hands on her hips, shaking her head at Jay and Carlos in a pile on the floor.

"Uhm... what are you doing here?" Mal raised an eyebrow.
"Didn't realise you were here." Maddie crossed her arms.

"That isn't answering my question." Mal replied. "We're busy."
"Alright alright, I'll just come back tomorrow." Maddie shrugged and turned away.

"No no it's fine!" Jay's voice interrupted. Within a few seconds he had scrambled over to the door, almost pushing Mal out of his way. "Hey, uh, Maddie, right?"

"Yeah that's me." Maddie nodded, turning back to the door. Mal cleared her throat.

"Jay. Say bye bye to the prissy princess. We have things to do." she pressed.

"Actually, I'll have you know that I'm not your typical 'prissy pink princess'. I'm a fiery redhead who can shoot a bow and arrow. Learned from the best." Maddie said defensively.

"Riiiight. Merida's daughter, aren't you?" Mal tilted her head.

"Yep." Maddie nodded. "And trust me, we're both far from princesses."
"Still. Why are you here?" Mal asked again.

"Ask Muscles there." Maddie pointed up at Jay, which Mal followed. She raised her eyebrows and turned back to Maddie. She said nothing and slammed the door shut after pushing Jay back into the room. "Okay? I'll just wait here then..." Maddie raised an eyebrow.

"What are you thinking?!" Mal exclaimed once the door had shut.

"What's happening?" Carlos asked, sitting up on the bed in the room.

"You do remember why we're here, right Jay?" Mal ignored Carlos and continued.

"Yeah... we're here for the wand." Jay nodded.

"Right, the wand. Not for you to get distracted by a curly red haired princess!" Mal snapped.

"She's not... distracting me." Jay defended, scratching the back of his neck. Mal crossed her arms and tilted her head. "She's not!"
"Well then why are you going out with her?" Evie questioned.

"Wait." Mal interrupted, an evil smirk on her lips. "This is good."

"Good? How?" Evie asked.

"She knows Auradon. This is where she's from." Mal started. "Sooo..."

"So she'll know where the wand is!" Carlos finished.

"Exactly." Mal nodded and turned to Jay. "Be subtle. But you need to find out where it is."

"Uhm... I'll try." he shrugged.

"Good." Evie nodded.

"Now go. I'm already sick of this school so the sooner we find the wand the better." Mal pushed Jay towards the door and opened it to see Maddie still stood out there, her eyebrows raised.
"You guys alright there?" she asked.

"Just fine." Mal smiled the tiniest bit. "See ya later Jay." she slammed the door, leaving Jay and Maddie stood awkwardly in the hallway together.

" she slammed the door, leaving Jay and Maddie stood awkwardly in the hallway together