22: Revenge Time

Everyone turned their heads as Ben walked down the aisle past everyone who was on the floor. Everyone curtseyed and bowed as Ben walked past, but Maddie took the opportunity to stick her foot out, making Ben stumble. He shook his head at her as she chuckled and shrugged.

"I saw the opportunity." she whispered.

"Maddie." Elyse groaned.

"What?" Maddie said innocently, smiling.

"If he fell over you'd have actually gotten into trouble." Autumn pointed out.

"But he didn't did he?" Maddie shrugged. Before anyone could respond, they were shushed from behind. Ben reached the front as Fairy Godmother hugged Belle and bowed to Beast. Fairy Godmother removed the crown from his head and placed into onto Ben's. Beast lifted the class casing up that sheltered Fairy Godmother's wand, which seemed to put Mal on edge. Fairy Godmother took the wand and held it in front of Ben.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother said.

"I do solemnly swear." Ben replied. Fairy Godmother tapped each of his shoulders with the wand.

"Then it is my honour and my joy to bless our new king-" suddenly the wand was grabbed from Fairy Godmother's hand and the whole crowd gasped and held each other as lightning shot up into the air, breaking a window. It was Jane.

"Child what are you doing?!" Fairy Godmother exclaimed. Jane struggled to control the wand.

"If you won't make me beautiful I'll do it myself!" Jane said as Ben rushed towards Mal.

"What the fuck is she doing?" Maddie said, ducking as sparks came flying towards the girls. Autumn screamed and practically jumped into Elyse as Rae ducked.

"What the hell Jane?" Elyse yelled as she grabbed hold of Autumn and stood in front of her to shield her.

"Bibbidi! Bobbidi! Boo!" Jane exclaimed as Mal wrestled the wand from her. Ben rushed in front of Mal, who was holding the wand tightly.

"Mal... give me the wand." Ben said gently.

"Stand back..." Mal said firmly. "Ben I said stand back!"

"I told you so!" Audrey yelled, stepping forward.

"Shut up Audrey, no one asked for you to give your input." Maddie snapped.

"What the fu-" Elyse started before seeing the look her mom was shooting her. Autumn peeked around from Elyse's shoulder but let out a squeaky scream when Mal pointed the wand at Audrey. Suddenly, the doors burst open and Evie, Carlos and Jay ran down to where Mal was. Maddie's eyes followed Jay and her face filled with confusion, but then she was hit with the immense pain of sudden realisation. Why he'd been so cryptic. So secretive. The realisation that she'd been used. That she'd been betrayed.

"Tell me he's not going to do what I think he's going to do..." Elyse muttered, her face paling.

"Wait what?" Autumn peeked over Elyse's shoulder again and gasped. Rae just watched silently.

"He... he used me..." Maddie said in a whisper. "To get closer to..."

"Let's go." Carlos said quickly.

"Revenge time." Jay said. Maddie let out a loud gasp and tensed up. Rae and Autumn both looked at her as she teared up.

"Maddie..." Rae said gently. Maddie shook her head and turned away. Those words echoing through her head. It was all a mission of revenge. She was a ploy in the plan. Elyse grabbed Maddie by the hand, and made a subtle rude gesture at Jay as well as mouthing: 'You little fucking shit'.

"This is what I get for falling in love." Maddie whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Honey..." Elyse whispered. "You couldn't help it. We never can..."

"Lying dirty dickhead." Maddie shook her head and pulled her hand away. Before anyone could stop her, she ran off and slammed the doors shut behind her. As soon as she left, tears began spilling down her cheeks. She ran. Ran all the way back to her room.

"Stupid. You're so fucking stupid." she said to herself, slamming her bedroom door shut, locking it and then sliding down. "He used you to get closer to Ben and the wand." she cried. "How can you be so fucking stupid?" she stood up and pulled a sword out from under her bed, starting to hit the wooden bedpost with it. "Why would he ever love you? You're a princess, he's a VK. The son of Jafar for fuck sake! Why would he? It was all a stupid fucking act." she threw the sword onto the floor. "Crying over a stupid boy. What are you Maddie? This is what I get for falling in love. I just shouldn't. I shouldn't trust anyone. It all goes to fucking shit." she looked at herself in the mirror and then flopped back onto her bed, pulling the covers over her and just crying into the darkness.

" she looked at herself in the mirror and then flopped back onto her bed, pulling the covers over her and just crying into the darkness