Meeting dad

There was something different about the sunset every night. It was extraordinary. Phee and I ran along the beach every afternoon, so we could watch the sunset. Everyone else was busy enjoying themselves, while Phee and I were enjoying eachother. But then Phee got a note from her father. Its been over a year since she got one.

My dearest Jay,
    I miss you dearly. I am proud of the strong woman you are becoming. Do not worry about making mistakes. In order to learn we must make mistakes. It's what makes us human. That is why I create robots my love. I make sure that they have feelings. That they model the actions of humans while still having a mind of their own. Otherwise who would do it? I trust you to make decisions on your own now Jay. You are not my little girl anymore. I've been watching you on TV, but I would like to see you in front of me. Your fiancé too. I would love to meet him. I miss you dearly.
-Love Dad

I look up from the letter. Phee began crying. I tried to comfort her, but I look again and she is smiling.

"Gabe, he said yes. I'm going home and taking you with me."

"Really, thats great! Wait. I didn't know that your dad designed robots."

She giggled.

"Gabriel, theres a lot you don't know about him. My apologies for not talking about him much. He is actually very rich. He designed my friend Denise who has been taking care of him. I've pretty much grown around robots my entire life. Although it's offensive to call them robots, so just say...androids or The New."

I had tons of questions.
"Is there anything I should know about your dad before meeting him?"

"His name is Akira Yamata, but when we get there you need to refer to him as Master Yamata. Another thing. He will look very intimidating at first, but I promise you that he is the funniest most outgoing guy on the planet. He might even give you a hug."

I grabbed my arm. She tilted her head.

"You're not nervous, are you?"

I looked up and sighed.
"A bit. It seems to be happening so fast."

Phee puts her hands on my shoulders. "Everything will be ok."

"What if he doesn't like me?"

"I've never met a person he hasn't liked. He also said in the letter, he trusts me."

I sighed. "Ok, when do you want to leave?"

"As soon as possible. Tomorrow morning?"

"Ok."

"Pack a small bag just in case. He may make us stay a night or two."

Is he really that care free? Phee has so much faith that her dad his a cool guy. She obviously knows him quite well. Why doesn't she talk about him that much?

I look up at Gabriel. He looked confused.

"Is there anything else you wanted to ask me?"

"Um yeah actually. You seem to have a very good connection with your dad, but you used to not talk about him at all until now. Why is that?"

She sighed.
"It was very hard to leave home for me. I was scared that I'd miss him too much, but I had some bad memories of my mom before she died. I didn't want to be in an enviroment where she was constantly being thought of. I also didn't know how my dad would react to my decision to quit my job as a surgeon and join Talon. I thought he was angry at me this whole time. I've been trying to keep him in the loop with these letters, but I've done so many terrible things up to this point that some of my letters I wasn't able to send."