Friends In Low Places

My squad started coming into the training room I set up a couple of desks with two chairs at each desk. I told them all to find a seat. Standing in the front of it all was a large holoscreen where I would display some pictures. Today I would teach them how a dark magic implant works and the basic parts of it.

"Can someone tell me the two types of dark magic implants?"

I waited for someone to raise their hand. No one did. I slammed my notebook on one of the front desks making the students jump back a little bit.

"C'mon you guys. Did no one listen to me yesterday?! The two types are nerve implants and blood stream implants. Both have the same effect."

I put a picture on the screen.

"Blood stream implants are basically liquid magic. It's considered umstable to use, but effective. It gets injected into your bloodstream causing your whole body to control the magic."

I put up another picture.

"The second type is the nerve implant which gets placed along the nerves of the body, usually the spine. This is what mine looks like."

I put up another picture.

"This implant has three basic internal parts. The power sorce or battery if you will, the input, and the output. This input connects itself to the brain. When the brain feels ready to use the magic it sends a signal to the battery and the output connects to the nerves. The nerves control that energy and you end up being able to control your magic."

I talked a little more on how it works then dismissed everyone for the day. I looked over and saw that Private Ross was still siting at his table. He looked like he was focused on something, but it was weired he just stared at the screen with his head lounged against his hand. I walked over to him confused. He was breathing hard then he started to snort a bit and I immediately knew. I swung my hand across his face sending him out of his chair and to the floor. He sat up still flustered from sleeping. I reached down and grabbed him by the collar. I pointed a stern finger at his face.

"Do not use that magic in my class! That is not why you are learning magic here Ross! That's it! You're suspended for three days! I don't want to see your ass here for a while!"

I didn't want to kick him, but I swore to myself. If I see one more incident with that kid I would kick him to the curb! That would be the last of it.

I went up to the security deck to check the cameras for a few hours while Widow was away. I watched as students came in and out of the locker rooms and dorms. There was quite a few of them congregating in the mess hall. All of a sudden I saw a group of girls starting to punch this other guy walking with another girl. The guy fell to the ground and the girls began attacking the other girl. I immediately sprung from my chair and went to that hallway. I turned the corner to see the girls face was bruised by the time I got down and her nose was bleeding. The guy stood up and tried attacking the group of girls. They yelled at him and one elbowed him to the nose. He was on the ground again. I walked up to the group.

"Hey!"

The girls immediately stopped frightened by my voice and turned to face me in shock. They began whispering to one another.

"Quit while you're ahead!"

They ran off.

I helped the guy and girl to their feet. The boy could barely stand. The girl held him in her arms and I walked them to the nursing rooms. The doctor sat the two of them on beds and asked what had happened.