2 years later

"Hey Moira. You're coming to the party tomorrow night right?"
"I wouldn't miss it for the world darling. It sure has been a while though. How is retirement?"
"Not as exciting as I hoped. We are both usually busy at home. We haven't found decent jobs in a while, but my dad is taking good care of us."
"That is good darling. Well, I must go, but I will arrive promptly tomorrow. Good day."
"See you later Moira!"

I hung up the phone. Gabe walked into the kitchen.
"Was that Moira?" He asked wiping his face with a towel.
I turned.
"Yeah, it was. She'll be here tomorrow."
Gabe scratched his head.
"You really did invite everyone."
"Of course. We haven't seen everyone since before we had the baby."
Gabriel pulled me in by the hips.
"I guess your right."
We both smiled and I gently pecked his lips, but we both broke the kiss to hear a small crying sound. I sighed and looked at Gabe.
"It's your turn babe."
He nodded and walked to the small bassinet in the living room. He reache down and picked up our baby, Toby and rested him gently against his shoulder. Toby stopped crying. Gabriel turned to look at me and we both smiled. I leaned over the counter admiring the two of them.
"See, he likes you more anyways."
"I've never been very good with kids."
I shook my head.
"I don't believe you babe. Toby's first word is definetly going to be 'daddy'."
Gabriel chuckled at that. I could Tell Toby had fallen back asleep. Gabe gently laud him back in the bassinet and came back to the kitchen. I opened the fridge door.
"I'm making dinner tonight, so don't eat anything ok?"
Gabe nodded and gently kissed me on the head.
"Fine, but Jay?"
"Hm?"
"Tomorrow I'll make dinner."
I turned shocked.
"For...everyone?"
He nodded in assurance.
"You don't need help?"
"No, I've got this Jay. Trust me."
"Ok, but I'm making the cake!" I exclaimed.
"Deal."
We smiled at eachother feeling defeated. It was late. We started heading to bed.

In the middle of the night I heard the floor shake. I woke up and didn't see Gabe lying next to me. I got out of bed and peeked into the bassinet. The baby was fast asleep. I put on a robe and walked downstairs. The thumping of the floor grew louder. I opened the basement door to hear the thumping clearly, followed my loud grunts. I sighed. It was Gabriel. He was punching a bag late at night. I walked down the stairs to see him in the middle of the floor. Our arsenal hung along the walls of the basement. Gabriel was in his shorts and gloves. His body was sweating as he punched the bag. He turned to face my tired expression. I rubbed my eyes awake.
"Hey, what are you doing?"
"Can't sleep."
He continued punching.
"I feel like we haven't been down here in months."
"I couldn't sleep last night either."
I stared at him curiously.
"What's on your mind babe?"
He stopped punching and took a deep breath.
"This.....father thing? It's great. Toby is beautiful. He's my boy, but.....I miss the rush I used to get of being a Talon agent."
I gasped and stared wide eyed. I guess it has been a while since he's done any real missions.
"To be honest Phee, I hate retirement. I miss the entertainment me would get while going on missions, fighting together."
"I-I miss that too Gabe, but we have responsibilities now."
"Remind me what your job is again."
I frowned at him. I was a hit man.
"Ok, you've made your point. We may not have decent jobs, but at least we are supporting a family."
"At least at Talon we....we had resources and people we could rely on."

****

Yes I have decided to finally continue this book. I typically don't write books longer than 20 chapters, but for this one I will make an exception! This short chapter is just a Segway into what will happen later and a reminder that I will continue to write it. Stay tuned!~Maddy