Training

WARNING: HIGHLY SEXUAL CONTENT

The next day I watch each of the squads congregating in the cafeteria durring breakfast. I see Private Ross. I look sternly at him, but no one can see my expressions under my mask. I'd like to keep it that way. Ross gives me a mischievous grin and sits down with other squad members. Phee comes up behind me.

"Aren't you gonna eat?"

I put my hand up slightly from its crossed position.

"I already ate."

"Well, do you want to sit with me?"

"Sure."

She grabs a tray and we go over to the counter. I help her decide what to eat. I look over my shoulder and catch Ross glancing at us. He turned his head back down as I looked at him. I give a dismissive growl under my mask and continue helping Phee. We sit across from eachother at the end of a table. No one sat with us. Everyone looked from afar. I begin making conversation.

"I think after yesterday, most of the soldiers are scared of me."

"Why is that babe?" She said lifting her mask slightly to eat.

"I think it's because I scolded Private Ross. I seemed more intimidating in person than I do from a screen. I've noticed a lot of people keeping their distance, and word travels fast with these students."

"Listen, I don't want to be rude Gabe, but you do seem very intimidating and it's not like you were always the one who wanted attention anyways."

"I guess I don't care what others think, but it sucks to constantly be talked about."

"Unfortunately people are going to have an opinion. No one has actually met the kind mysterious man that I know, so people will be skeptical, as I was when I joined Talon."

"You're supposed to tell me that everything will be ok and they will all forget about it soon."

She giggled at me.

"Gabe, I'm just trying to tell you the truth. People have been asking me about it too. I don't know exactly what happened, no one does, but they are scared of your behavior. I can't always say what you want to hear."

I nodded and looked down at the table.

"You're right. I'm sorry." I said scratching the back of my head. "Do you really think I'm that intimidating?"

"I was scared when I first saw you. Your attire doesn't exactly scream 'I'm a nice guy'. Especially when you wear a mask and have the abilities of a ghost."

"I can't change that."

"I'm not asking you too. I'm just saying why people might be sceptical about you. My dad loves you're look and I do too. He made me this new amazing armor that matches your look and I'm not scared to wear it, but I do see students that look at me and get scared. I don't care about them. They don't know who we are under the masks and that's ok. I don't think its right to judge people based on looks, but unfortunately that's the world we live in. Especially since we are living with young students."

I nodded.

"I understand. Thanks Phee."

I could tell she was smiling under the mask. What she said really cleared my thoughts. I felt like I could look at a scared student dead in the eye and smile at them. I put my hand on Phee's.

"I can't wait to marry you."

I put my hand in hers. She leaned foreward.

"I can't wait to marry you too, love."