Chapter 16

Gwen~

Kevin and I arrive at the the address we were given to find the place is in a nice suburban neighborhood. Why did Rook come here of all places? I'm sure he doesn't know anyone here, so why?

"Snazzy place. If I wasn't with the good guys, I would say this is a prime area for robbing." Kevin states out of the blue, pulling into the driveway of the address. I glare at him with fire in my eyes and he looks back with a smug grin, then a frown. "What?" The car is put into park and I sigh.

"Nothing Kevin, let's just go get Rook." I reply. We both hop out of the car and head up to the front door of the home. I knock on the door and wait for an answer. One minute later and nothing. I knock again. Nothing.

"Maybe they aren't home?" Kevin asks more than states. Right as he says that there is a ruckus from inside. "Or maybe I'm wrong." This time Kevin knocks on the door really loudly and begins to shout. "Hey! We know your in there! We're just here to get Rook!"

"Kevin! Don't do that! What if it's the wrong-" During the middle of my scolding, the door opens up to show a man who doesn't look to be in the best of mood.

"Do you want the neighbors to call the cops?" He rhetorically questions. "Come in." I don't really trust this, but I'm going to go along with it. Kevin and I walk in to see the inside is just as nice as the outside. The door closes behind us, and the man walks us into the kitchen where some woman with surgical gloves on is standing with a first aid kit in hand.

"Uh..." We glance over the place to find Rook and he is no where to be seen. Where is he? "Not to intrude, but where's Rook and how are you both tied into this?" I question. The lady plants a hand on her clean kitchen table and one in her hip. She does not look happy with us at all.

"Scott hasn't brought the cat yet, and the only reason we were tied into this is because a panicked phone call I had with my son." She complains. "My son is a veterinarian's assistant and has seen the worst, then all of a sudden one cat makes him freak out? I don't think so." The lady stares holes into us, making us sink down a bit. "Spill it." She demands.

"Umm..." Kevin and I say in unison.

"You two should really understand that this is her playing nice. She's about to get really upset." The man informs us. Oh no, an angry/worried mom is the scariest kind of human being. I know this from experience.

"Argent, let me do the talking." The woman snaps. He holds his hands up in defense and slowly backs away.

"Whatever you say all mighty and powerful Melissa." Argent replies. He glare is then focused at him.

"Don't start, and as for you two..." Great, the focus is back on us. "...tell me what is happening, now. What dangerous shit have the kids got into now?  Oh, and while you're at it, I bet you would love to tell me how Stiles tied into this." I bite my lip. I promised that I wouldn't say anything to this lady about the general situation with our family. Sure, Stiles has been an ass, but it's his turf, his will.

"Ma'am, I promised I wouldn't say anything." I remark. I can see a smirk on Kevin face.

"Well, I didn't. Stiles is a-" At that point I had no choice but to shut his trap with mana. I'm not physically strong enough to stop him from saying what he was going to say. I instantly realize my mistake when I notice an amazed expression on the lady's face. The man doesn't seem to mind it, which makes me wonder what all he's seen before. The mana from my hands is lighting up the room ever so slightly, causing an eery pink glow. 

"I haven't seen a sorceress in a very long time." The man says, walking up to me. He takes a long look at the mana and glances back at Melissa. "She's super powerful as well." The woman walks up to me and takes a look at the mana herself. I give in and hold one hand up to her so that she may inspect the energy coming out of my palms.