10- talking?*

Ryder and Sophie had gone to bed about an hour and 30 minutes ago and Si and I were still awake talking about random things from the past. We had moved to sit on the bed by now with the main lights off to save electricity and only a solar lamp I found at a garden shop as light.

"Hey, how long have you been staying here?" Si ask.

"Since the outbreak so almost 2 years. All alone for two years. It started off fine but soon I think I became a little crazy." I look down at my hands. "You know, I had dreams before all... this" I point around "I wanted to be a vet actually. Travel the world, eat different food, see different animals but being stuck here changed that. Changed me." I look up at Si to see him intently looking at me.

"Sometimes I think- nevermind." I turn away to get to bed.

"No, no. Sometimes you think what?"

"No it's fine."

"What were you going to say?"

"I said drop it!" Si sighs before standing up and going to get his sleeping blanket. I stand and get into bed.

Si walks up next to the bed and lays his sleeping blanket next to the bed on the floor. He then takes off he's shirt and pants which leaves him in his underpants so I look away so I don't seem like some perv.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting ready for bed"

"In front of me? And why are you sleeping here?"

"In case they" he looks over at our new acquaintances "try something funny"

"Don't worry to much. I locked the door and hid the key."

"Not only that. I'm watching this Ryder guy incase he does something dodgy at night." I actually never thought of that.

"Oh, ah thanks." Si finally gets in the sleeping bag.

"Good night Roobie Black." I scowl as his sleeping form below me.

"Good night Simon" his body shakes a bit with laughter before I reach over and switch the lamp off.

It's morning and I was first to wake up then Si then Ryder followed by Sophie. We now sit at the make shift table I made big enough for 2 but now we have 4.

The Sophie chick looks better today and so does Ryder. It is deadly silent and it's probably awkward for everyone but me.

"Si" I pop a pear slice in my mouth

"Yah?" He eats an apple.

"I'm leaving in three days, You wanna come with?"

"Uh, sure. Wait, where are we going?" I look over at Ryder and Sophie.

"Somewhere moderately safe well safer then here anyway"

"If you think it's the best thing then I'm with you all the way." He smiles and takes a bite of his apple.

"Ahem. Are you guys a thing?" Ryder asks

"No" we both answer

"You sure act like it." Sophie says looking between us. I look at her with a bored expression but Si has a mischievous smirk on. I shake my head and go back to eating. When we are done everyone seems to stand in the middle of the bunker and kind of just look awkward.

"Looking for something to do?" I ask

"It is your crib so you tell me what needs to be done." Si says while Ryder and Sophie just idle around.

"Okay then. Ryder, your coming with me. Sophie, you are staying with Si. Si you keep a close eye on her"

"What. No i'm coming with you."  Si turns to me taking a few steps forward.