29- company#

Justin Bieber-Comapny
Can we
We kissed
Keep each other company
Maybe we, can we
Be each others company.
Oh, company

🔱

I Don't know when I had fallen asleep, but I awake the next morning with not only the memories of last night but also stress I don't need because of it.

Another things hits me then, Si is awake before me.

Well that's a first. I look back over my shoulder and into the kitchen at Si as he whistles away -with he's back to me- swinging he's hips side to side while tapping he's foot.

I think a recognise the song.

"Look who's in a happy mood" I yawn out whilst stretching my stiff limbs. This couch looks comfy but it's not.

Si whirls around in surprise almost spilling whatever he's holding.

"Oh, sorry. Hope I didn't wake you." He smiles sheepishly before returning to he's task of... what is he doing?

"Si, what are you doing?" I ask as I try stand. I'm ankle feels way better but not good enough to run with, or even walk proper.

"Just trying to make food." I limp around the counter to he's side and peer down at the mess inside a pot.

"What is this?" I frown reaching my hand up to poke the brown, jelly like substance in the pot.

"Hey!" Si smacks my hand away. "It's food. It's editable and it won't kill you. That's it you need to know."

"It looks like shit took a shit then got married to shit then they had a baby that looked like-"

"You?" Si cuts in. My mouth hangs open and I smack him on the shoulder playfully.

"Whateves. It still looks nasty." I retort.

"And you are gonna eat it." Si takes the pot to another counter where he puts a few more things in before putting it on the kitchen island.

"Breakfast is ready Sof and wake Ryder while you at it." Si shouts out into the living room. A little later I hear foot steps above.

Two people awake before me. Wow, I'm slacking.

I go to sit at the bar stool and watch as Si puts out a few crackers, that are somehow still editable, and a few fruit. It's funny how it took a zombie apocalypse to get me to eat a fruit a day.

Soon a hear two sets of feet coming down the stairs.

Sophie and Ryder walk in and I try my best not to make eye contact with Ryder even if I can feel his eyes on me. There is a brief silence that was building up to be awkward.

"Breakfast is served!" Si breaks in and grabs a cracker before smearing the gooy substance on it. Nasty.

"Hmmm. Have some guys." Si encourages. Looks like I'm not the only one having doubts about this food.

"Fuck it" Sophie shrugs and grabs a cracker with goo on it. Reluctantly bringing it to her mouth. Ryder and I stare wearingly at the cracker and thick, brown goo on top.