30- stubborn zombie*

We arrived at what used to be my favourite spot. The  sun is setting and  the wind gets cooler. I sit next to Si on the small hill, looking out into the sunset. All there is is trees. No outside world. No zombies. It's just peaceful. I sigh in content then lay down on my back looking up at the colourful sky. Si lays beside me. Our shoulders just touching. It's been maybe 5 minutes of us sitting in a comfortable silence but, it doesn't last.

"Roobie-"

"Pila." I correct not looking at him but at the orange sky.

"Roobie." he emphasises "I just want to say. Your an awesome person. Funny, beautiful, strong, brave, caring and down right amazing all in all." Now I look over at Si. The grass tickles my cheek as I look into his hazel eyes.

"What-" I get cut off.

"I like you, a lot and I just had to say something because well... I don't know actually. I was a wimp. I should have said something earlier but I didn't want to be that guy who bothers you during a zombie apocalypse and well-" I cut him off this time.

"I like you a lot too. Wow, we sound like little kids." I smile. "More than Ryder actually and" I roll onto my side and sit up on one arm so I'm facing Si. "I would love for us to be a...  a thing but... the closer you get to someone, the harder it is when you loose them and I wouldn't want to loose you but it could happen. This is the zombie apocalypse for goodness sake." I pause and look up at the sky briefly. "I don't want to loose any more people but I don't want to be alone." I almost whisper at Si who is now lying similar to me. Our face just inches apart from kissing

And we do.

It's a short, soft kiss filled with a lot of meaning. I feel his feelings and he feels mine. When we pull away, our foreheads rest on each other.

"You will never loose me Roobie Black. Ever." He kisses my forehead before he stands and puts a hand out for me.

"Its getting late and dark. We should head back." I grab Si's hand and lift myself up. Dusting off the dirt as we start out short journey back.

The house is just around the bushes when we hear rustling. We stop, looking around.

"Did you hear that?"

"No Si. I stopped for no reason" I sarcasticly answer. It's quit once again.

"I was probably just some wild life." Si sighs and straightens up and starts walking again, so I follow beside him.

"Watch it not be 'just nature'. In horror movies, there is always some creepy noise then the person is like it's probably just the house settling then bam! They're dead-"

I get interrupted by a chilling moan. I look far ahead and see a zombie coming our way.

"See." I point out.

"I've got it" Si adjusts the rifle on his shoulder. The zombie is so far away the we don't bother running but I notice something.

"Wait!" Si jump and shoots the ground in front of the zombie.

"What!?"

"I think.. I think it's my uncle." I squit at the object heading our way. It's still to far for us to worry to much.

"Are you sure?" Si frowns at me. I shrug.

"Possibly. The clothes look familer." I squint further but the little spot only gets a few inches bigger each time.

"I guess we need to wait and see" Si squats down beside me. My ankle still hurts a bit so I just rest my hand on Si's shoulder, only putting little weight on him. My hand wonders after some time. Up the the back of his neck and into his soft, brown hair. I play and twirl it around my fingers watching the aproching blob get bigger.

"I feel like a dog"

"But my dog so you should be happy." I look down at him. He smiles up at me with that cheeky smile.

"I'm delighted." He answers.

I look back at the figure.

"Yep. It's my uncle." Si stands from beside me.

"Now what" he asks. I sigh.

"We kill him of course. Take him out of his misery. We can't just leave him as a mindless corpse." Si agrees.

"Do you want me to... or...?" He points to the gun.

"I'll do it." I say with sadness evident in my voice. Si hands the rifle over. I get it comfortable on my shoulder and line up.

I can't believe I'm about to do this.

"I'm sorry uncle Bukk! I love you!" I pull the trigger and the zombie slumps to the floor amideatly.

We walk up to the dead, well more dead, zombie. I look down at my loving uncle.

"Hope you didn't pick a fight with a zombie you old man" I smile to myself. "You always were stubborn."
My eyes fill with tears.

"Let's go" Si take my hand and pulls me away from the scene.

Three comments for next update