18- ride along*

We have been on the road for about two hours. We've made it out the city so the only view is nothing but some trees and feilds. I took back roads my mom used to take so there aren't many cars on the roads. Si sits in the pasenger seat with Sophie and Ryder at the back. its silent but it doesn't bother me but of course it bothers Si.

"So, Sophie. who were you before all" he gesturs outside. "this happend?"

"oh, i'm 20. I went to high school, of course. I was in student council and a cheerleader. Had many friends, loved starbuks, always at parties and was Miss Lambrick high."

Lambrick high. A school full of rich snobs. well, I've only met three people and they were rude but the school has
a reputation.

"Hmmm, Ryder?" Si turns a bit in he's seat. I keep my ears open but eyes on the road. Riding around debrie and over zombies.

"I went to the same school before going to train for the air force. Ummm..." I look at him through the rear-view mirror to see him look up in thought. I turn my head back to the road waiting for him to continue.

"I didn't do anything special really." He finally adds.

"Pft, everyone liked him. He was Mr popular going to military school and all." I glance at Ryder through the mirror to see him roll he's eyes.

"What about you Si?" Sophie asks leaning forward. Si turn a little more in he's seat and he's foot touches my hand which is on the gear stick. I slap he's ankle and he turns to me with a playfully glare before moving his foot. He turns back to Sophie.

"I'm nineteen. I did motor cross. I did well in school, liked food- still do anyway- scared of heights, went to Westbrook High and had a fish named Fish." I giggle a bit.

"You named your fish Fish?" I ask not looking away.

"Yah, why not?" I just smile and shake my head. It goes silent for a bit but Sophie asked what I hoped she wouldn't.

"And you Roobie? Who were you." I huff as I take a left turn into a street that leads to a small town.

"I used to dance mostly but also did volleyball. I had a pet dog named Scare." I glance at Si with a smirk before looking back at the mostly empty road. "I had a few friends and I liked bacon- still do- anyway" I mimick Si.

"What High school did you go to?" Sophie asks.

"KES" I simply answer.

"Oh" Sophie sits back in her chair. KES wasn't the worst school but not the best. It was at the border of the bad side of town. My mom was a single parent and couldn't afford the expensive schools like Lambirck or Westbrook high but the school taught me everything I needed to know, just at a lower budget and a little more violence.

It's silent once again. Si now sits properly in he's seat looking out the window.

Five hours we've been driving. Well i'm driving but we've been on the road for five long hours. The sun just starting to set.

"Okay. There should be a farm house we could camp at for the night. "

"In how long" Ryder queries.

"Just."

"About"

"Now" the farm house comes into view.

I turn into the dirt road.

"Roloff Farm." Sophie reads the small sighn as we pass it.

"You know them?" Si ask from beside me.

"Not from a bar of soap" Ryder and Si laugh as I pull into the drive way. I look up at the house through the windscreen.

"Well, let's check the place out."