20- bigger problems#

As always I'm the first to wake up. We didn't unpack much from the car, that's hidden, so I didn't have much to do.

"Hmmm, what to do? What to do?" I look around the small house. A collection of plates hang on one wall while the other had pictures of a man beside different dear whilst holding a rifle.

I decide to go outside ,again, to the shed but this time in broad daylight. I walk past the dead zombie well more dead now. The zombie actually hasn't been dead for too long. Maybe a month or two.

The barn isn't that big either. I walk further in and it's still quit. Just when I turn to leave I hear it. A quit whine.

I follow the sound around a corner to a puppy huddled in a corner and just like most girls I awww.

I move towards the Husky puppy with caution. One eye is green the other blue.

I hesitantly stick my hand out. When it take a sniff and decides not to to bite me, I stoke the top of he's head and he moves closer to me.

"Let's call you...Bob?" The dog just keeps sniffing around.

"No? Okay. How bout... Legend." The dog looks up as if he understands me.

"That's it. Legend the dog. Odd but legendary." He sits down looking tired and small.

"Let's get you something to eat."

Once back in the house, Si and the gang wake up. Finally.

"Hmmm. Whats that?" Si asks as he stretches and yawns.

"Pancakes"

"Pancakes! I love pancakes!" Si runs up beside me. He's hand goes for the plate but I slap it before he gets one.

"Boy! You better wait till I'm done." Si pouts while rubbing he's hand and goes to sit at the four person, wooden island that's attached on one side. There's are two seats on one side and two on the other.

"How are you making pancakes?" Ryder asks as he sits down across from Si.

"I found pancake mix in a cupboard and the stove is gas and by luck, there is still some left. I just lit it with a match and boom. Pancakes." I put down the plate and go check on Legend in the other room.

When I walk in, he wakes up and trots to me. I had fed him some fruit and he went to sleep in a corner under my sleeping bag.

We walk back to the kitchen where Sophie now is. She's getting water from the bags so I decide to take a seat and eat too, just like the boys. As I'm about to sit something weird happens.

"Sit here" both Si and Ryder say at the same time. They glance at each other in an almost a competitive way. Da hell? Only one way to settle this.

I pick up Legend.

"Pick a seat boo. This one?" I move him towards Si and the puppy doesn't move. "Or this one?" The puppy starts squirming.

"Thanks" I put him down and sit beside Ryder. He smirks before going back to the apple while Sophie sits across from me and beside Si.

"So man questions but nothing to say" Ryder says.

"I have one. When did you get the dog?" Si asks finishing he's food. Wow, this boy eats fast.

""Found him this morning in the shed. Also found a vegetable garden out back."

"Did you give him a name because I have a few like Xander, Charlie or like Damien or even Rose-" I cut her off.

"Not Zander like he works in some gang. Not Charlie because that sounds like the old man that lived here. Not Damien because people automatically think Vampire diary and not Rose because that's probably Charlie's wife."

The boys laugh at the table while Sophie frowns and goes back to eating.

"I already gave him a name. Legend" the dog stops sniffing Ryder pocket briefly to look at me.

" I think he likes it." Ryder comments reaching down to pet the dog. He flinches away but soon goes back to sniffing the pocket but now also nibbling on it.

"I think it's dumb. Why legend?" Sophie asks looking over at the puppy.

"Because he will be Legendary. He lived through most of the Zombie epocalypse so he's already half way."

The pup start biting at the pocket now and Ryder pulls away but Legend pull hard to but so does Ryder and now it's turned into Tug of War.

"Hey! Let go of me you beast, ahhh! I think he caught some skin! Why do you want my pocket! Leave it! Leave it!"

We start laughing, even Sophie, hey sour mood forgotten.

"Dude, what's in the pocket?" Si laughs.

"Let me check. Move! I wanna check the pocket!" Ryder talks to Legend but he just keeps pulling. Ryder finally gets he's hand in and pulls out a piece of Bulltong\ dried meat.

"Thats why he chose you Ryder. To investigate the smell not because he likes you better" Si smiles.

" I know someone eles that likes me better." Ryder smirk. Boy better not say me or Imma...

"My sister" I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.
Thank goodness he didn't-

"And maybe even Roobie." They all look at me, expecting a comment which they get.

"Don't put me in shit I didn't say" I stand and go pack up the few stuff we unpacked while Legend follows me.

When I'm almost done Si comes out to load some stuff.

"Hey Roobie?" I sigh at the use of the name. My name.

"Yah?"

"Um. I've something to tell you."

"Go ahead" I stuff my sleeping bag in a corner.

"Listen" I turn at Si's sudden seriousness which actually concerns me. He looks over he's shoulder to the door before turning back to me. I frown.

"I heard Sophie and Ryder talking the other night."

"So?"

"About you"

"O-kay?" Where is this going?

"Well mostly Sophie. She actually wanted to... how do I put this? Rob you again." I keep silent. Soaking in the disturbing news.

"Uh... Roobie?"

"So you saying Sophie and Ryder were going to rob me again. Take my shit and leave me in the dirt? Again! After I trusted them!?" My voice rises at the end.

"Yes. I mean No. I mean they kinda." I'm about to walk past Si and storm into that house like a rhino on crack when Si catches my shoulders, stopping me.

"Listen, listen. It was the night before we left. Sophie was talking about stealing everything and leaving but Ryder stopped her. He said he wouldn't let her mess things up and that they should stay and be committed. They went quite after that and nothing has happened so I figured things were well but I had to tell you." I look into Si's brown eyes and see nothing but the truth.

I could be angry he didn't tell me sooner but I have bigger problems.

Like Sophie