Chapter 6

The next morning, Spencer races outside her house and runs straight to her car. She's supposed to be at school early today to talk with Mrs. Hunt, but she zoned out. Now she has twenty minutes to get to school and she still needs time to stop by Mrs. Hunt. Spencer hopes in her car and speeds off to school. When she drives into the school parking lot, she sees that some asshole parked their asshole truck in her spot. She grumbles and parks right next to it. When she gets out of her car and closes her door, she accidentally closes her car door on her skirt. She starts walking off until she hears her skirt rip.

"Dammit," she mutters to herself.

She tugs on her skirt and pulls the rest of it out then frowns at the fabric still stuck in the door. She quickly opens the door and throws the ripped part of her skirt into her car. She then closes her door and races off inside. Running in heels is not the smartest thing to do. She twisted her ankle running up the steps and the heel on her left shoe broke off. She cursed to herself again and took off both of her shoes, then continued running through the halls barefoot. She finally reaches Mrs. Hunts room just in time to catch her talking and laughing with Toby Cavanaugh. Mrs. Hunt stops laughing when she sees Spencer standing at the door.

"Oh, Spencer come in come in!"

Toby turns around and notices Spencer's strange appearance. Spencer walks over to stand in front of Mrs. Hunt's desk.

"Yes?" Spencer asks.

"You were one of my top students when I had you for French and Mr. Crenchy tells me that you are doing very well in his AP class. Toby here isn't doing too well and I was wondering if you would be willing to tutor him."

Spencer looks over at Toby who is now smirking at her.

"W-why do I have to do it?" She asks.

"Well, because you're my best student and Toby needs a little push to keep his ball rolling."

"Why didn't you ask Mona? I'm sure she would love to give Toby's ball a push."

"I showed Toby my list of eligible students to tutor him and he picked you personally."

She looks at him and frowns, "did he now?"

"Yes, he did. So please tutor him."

Spencer sighs and says, "fine."

"Great. I'll write you both a pass to class and you two can work out a system that works for you," Mrs. Hunt says.

"Thank you Mrs. Hunt," Toby says.

Toby looks over at Spencer who is glaring at him and smirks. He's going to have fun with this. The two stand there awkwardly waiting for their pass to class. Mrs. Hunt hands them each a pass and sends them off to class. When they step out into the hallway, Toby opens his mouth.

"So, I think meeting three times a week will work just fine. How does Monday, Wednesday, and Friday sound? If you really want I can throw in dinner and a movie Friday night."

"Just what the hell do you want from me?" Spencer hisses. "Ever since we met, you've been stalking me."

"I'm not stalking you," he smirked. "I just happen to be having very good luck running into you."

Spencer rolls her eyes, "three times a week is fine."

"So that's a yes to Friday?"

"Yes."

"Great!" He exclaimed. "So you're going out with me Friday."

"No, I'm not."

"But you just said yes to Friday."