Chapter 26

Toby sat inside his dressing room about ready to go out for his interview with Good Morning America. He's excited yet nervous. He's done interviews before but none this big. While he was fixing up his hair, Ezra knocked on the door then came in.

"Hey," Ezra said. "You better hurry up."

"Relax I'm on in like twenty minutes."

"Good then you and me have a chance to talk."

Ezra shut the door and sat down on his footstool. Toby turned around.

"Talk about what?"

"I want to talk to you about breaking up with Spencer."

Toby's eyes narrowed, "what!? Break up with Spencer! Ezra, are you insane? I'm not breaking up with Spencer! I love her."

"I don't mean break up with her for good, I just think it would be best if you kept your relationship with her in private."

"Why?"

"Think about it, man. Spencer's a small town girl. She has a life, a family, and good friends. Once the public finds out you have a girlfriend people will start bugging her all the time. They will always follow her around. Ask her all kinds of personal questions and find out all of her secrets to ruin her life. Is that the kind of life you really want for her?"

"Well, no. I still wouldn't feel right hiding her from the public when we're together. That doesn't seem right. I'm happy with Spencer. Really happy and this could ruin things for us."

"False rumors and obsessive fans can ruin things for you."

"Ezra what you are asking me to do is hard. Spencer is already worried enough about being with me. If I hide her from the public she'll think I'm ashamed of her and I'm not."

"Spencer wasn't made to be apart of this world. Don't try to make her into something she's not. Break it off before she gets broken."

"Are you making me break up with her?"

"No," Ezra shook his head. "I'm telling you to do what's right for Spencer and for you."

There was a knock on the door and a short guy with thick brown hair poked his head in to tell Toby he's on in two minutes. Toby nodded and followed him down the hall with Ezra beside him. He thought a lot about what Ezra said, but that doesn't mean he agrees with him. How can he expect him to break up with Spencer? He's dating Aria, who is one of Spencer's best friend. How is that any better? Toby knows that people will try to cause trouble in his relationship. He also doesn't want Spencer to get hurt. What on earth is he going to do? Toby waited off stage for his name to be called. His interviewer called his name and the cameraman gave him the cue to go. Toby put on his best smile and walked out on stage. Toby settled himself on one of the stools and continued to smile at everyone.

"It is so great to have you here on the show this morning," interviewer one said.

"Thank you," Toby smiled. "Thanks for having me on today. This is such a pleasure."

"We're happy to have you here too. So, tells us a little about the album you are working on."

"Gladly. My album has a total of eight songs on it and I've been working very hard on it. It's all handwritten and I plan to have the album out by March 15th and I'm also happy to announce my first show of my tour will be in LA on April 1st."

"We're all excited for your album," interviewer two said. "I can just tell it's going to be a good one. Could you give us the title to your album?"

"Yes, the title of my album is 'Spotlight.'"

"Nice. Is it true that most of your album is based off a girl you've been seeing for a while? Like this girl right here?"