Chapter 25

"What do you guys think about me changing my hair?" Hanna asked the girls at lunch. Like everyday Spencer is sitting with her friends talking about girl stuff. Spencer just shrugged and bit the lettuce off her fork.

"Why do you want to change your hair?" Emily asked.

Hanna shrugged, "I don't know. I feel like I could use a little change in my life."

"What were you thinking of doing with your hair?" Aria asked.

"I was thinking of getting black strands underneath."

"That could be cute," Aria said.

"I like your hair the way it is," Mona said.

Hanna shook her head and put away her pocket mirror. For some reason, Aria looked like she was uncomfortable. She kept shifting herself in her seat and crossing and uncrossing her legs.

"Aria why are you acting like you have ants in your pants?" Spencer asked.

"I'm a little on the edge this morning," she said.

"How come?" Emily asked.

"Ezra and I had a fight last night and I haven't been able to sit still ever since."

"What did you to have a fight over?" Hanna asked. "Which classic book is better?"

"No," she said. "It was something else that I can't talk about."

"We're your friends we tell each other everything," Spencer said.

Aria gave her a look, "everything?"

"Okay. I haven't told you guys everything," Spencer admitted.

"Would you care to fill us in on what we don't know?"

"I uh spent the weekend with Toby that's all."

"Must have been nice to get a little coupes time in this weekend," Mona said.

"It was. We watched movies and cuddled. It was nice to just be together without having to worry about my parents catching us."

"Spencer we know that we tend to pry into your personal life, but you don't have to tell us every time when you spend time with Toby," Hanna said. "Unless something else between you two happened."

"Nothing too important happened. We just spent the weekend together doing what any other couple would do."

Mona gave her a look, "care to clue us in a little more on what you mean?"

Spencer set her fork down on her tray and sighed.

"Well, on Saturday Toby and I spent the night together."

"So you've spent the night at Toby's place before," Aria.

"Yes, but we've never spent the night 'together'."

The girls all looked up at her when they realized what she meant. Hanna dropped her sandwich and stared at Spencer like she was crazy.

"You slept with Toby," Mona said.

Spencer bit her lip, "yeah."

"Oh my god," Hanna said. "When?"

"Saturday night, weren't you listening?" Spencer said.

"I can't believe you slept with Toby. You," Aria said.

"Why can't you believe it? I'm his girlfriend."

"It's just I never thought you would sleep with your boyfriend this early on in a relationship."

"We've been together for awhile."