Chapter 29

Ezra walked out of his bathroom and made his way to his living room. It's half past 3 pm and he's exhausted. He stayed up all night trying to find himself a new job. After making some coffee and a few pieces of toast, he sat down on his couch and turned on the tv. Not even a minute after he turned on the television, there was a sharp knock on his door. By the sound of the knock Ezra figured it was Toby coming to punch him again. His black eye still hasn't healed all the way since the last time he got punched. He deserved it for what he did and he realizes that. By ruining Toby's relationship with Spencer, he lost his job, his best friend, and his girlfriend all in one day. He got up from his spot on the couch and opened the door. He practically jumped when he came face to face with a very pissed of Spencer.

"Spencer," he sounded surprised.

"I need to talk to you," she spoke in demanding tone. "Now."

Ezra stepped to the side and let her in. Spencer stomped into his kitchen with her high heels pounding on the hardwood floor. Ezra shut the door, turned around, and stuffed his hands inside his pajama pockets.

"How could you?" She hissed. "How could you do what you did? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Spencer," he sighed. "I understand why you're here and you have every right to yell at me for breaking you and Toby up."

"Getting Toby and I to break up is only part of the reason why I'm here!" She yelled. "I'm also here to yell at you for trying to get Aria involved in your dirty trick! You tried to get her to help you split us up? Why would you do that? Aria is one of my best friends and the fact that you tried to get her to turn on me for your own selfish reasons. That's really low of you!"

"It was wrong of me and I know that. If you would just give me a second to explain..."

"Oh shut up," Spencer snapped. "This is not Ezra's pity party time. You do not get a chance to explain yourself. You hurt a lot of people by what you did. Forget about my feelings, but what about Toby? You did not only hurt me, but you hurt Toby and you hurt Aria! You are a jerk. No, jerk is underrated. You are an ass. You are a huge-jackass-bastard-jerk face-dip shit!"

"I know. I know what I did was wrong. If you came here to punch me, slap me, or hurt me in anyway, I deserve it so go right ahead and do what you need to do."

"I'm not going to hit you, Ezra," she shook her head. "Hitting you won't change what you've done. Now, I realize yelling at you won't change anything either. Coming here was a mistake. You will always be a selfish asshole. You don't care about anyone but yourself. Honestly I feel sorry that Toby ever had a friend as horrible as you. You disgust me."

"I'm sorry, Spencer."

"Sorry doesn't change anything," she walked towards the door and paused, "anyway, I'm not the one you owe an apology to."

She walked out of his apartment and slammed the door behind her. Ezra sat down on his couch and groaned. He really screwed up this time. If there was something he could do to fix things, he would.

After her little blow up at Ezra, Spencer went over to Mona's for some girl talk. Her head is hurting and everything is spinning out of control. She misses Toby a lot, but part of her is still worried she will ruin his life. Spencer laid out on Mona's bed just staring up at the ceiling. Mona had their favorite French album playing on a recorder player. Mona sat against her headboard flipping through her favorite magazine. She noticed how Spencer's been distracted since she got here.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Mona asked.

Spencer looked at her and sighed, "just doing some thinking."