Safe Haven: Michelangelo

Hi, guys! Just a quick little note before the story starts. I got this idea to have two of the TMNT girls to already know each (but not know about each other's encounters with the turtles), and those two girls will be Mikey's and Raph's. So just so you won't get confused, Mikey's girl will be (Y/N) still (since this is his chapter) and Raph's girl will be (R/G/N). Alright, on to the story!

____

(Y/N)'s POV

It was Friday night, which meant that the bar tonight was going to be quite busy. I was back and forth with drinks all night long, serving people and cleaning. It was hectic, but it was especially busy since our regular act (R/G/N) was performing again. She had natural talent, and everyone loved her. Let's just say that she could turn 'Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star' into a hit. That's just how good she was.

I dried off some glasses and poured a man some more whiskey when the manager, Gary, introduced (R/G/N) to the stage. The crowd cheered as she walked to the center of the spotlight, sitting on the stool they had out for her and tuning her guitar.

"Hey, everybody. How are y'all tonight?" She asked. The crowd cheered, causing her to giggle. "Awesome! Awesome. Alright, this song's for all you ADTR fans out there. This is 'If It Means A Lot To You.'"

Fans cheered in their seats, clapping loudly. Everyone in the room then fell silent as she started playing. Her fingers strummed the guitar, playing each key smooth and easily. She was so passionate when she performed, and I think that's what made people love her the most. It was strange seeing that talent like hers was noticed by talent scouts.

At the end of her set, she thanked everyone for coming out and supporting the bar as well as her. She then stepped off the stage and made her way to the counter for a drink. Sitting on a stool in front of me, she smiled and waved.

"Hey! Didn't know you worked tonight." She said.

I shrugged. "Neither did I. I got a call this morning about Sarah being sick, so I had to fill in."

(R/G/N) quirked an eyebrow with a smirk. "You think she's really sick?"

I shook my head and laughed. "No, but that just means more money for me."

(R/G/N) laughed, nodding her head in agreement.

"So what can I get you?" I asked.

"Just a Coke. I ain't in the mood for alcohol tonight."

I nodded and walked over to the ice chest where we kept our beer bottles and soda cans. I retrieved her desired beverage and placed it down in front of her on the counter.

"Thanks." She popped open the cap and took a sip.

We talked for the remainder of the night while I continued to serve other customers. It eventually came time for the bar to close, indicating the end of my shift. I cleaned up any stray glasses and the counter altogether, not forgetting to say goodbye to (R/G/N) as she made her way out. Once I finished cleaning and making sure everything was in order, I counted the money in the tip jar quickly, satisfied with myself for racking up a little over $100. I stuffed the money in my purse and made my way out of the building, closing and locking the door behind me.

The walk back home was quicker than usual, probably because I was too zoned out from exhaustion. My feet were aching, and I just wanted to shower and sleep. Luckily, Harper was staying the weekend at Angie's house, so I didn't have to worry about waking up early. I trudged up the porch steps and took out my keys, but they slipped out of my hands and hit the concrete. I groaned and bent down to get them when a green hand snatched them from the ground instead. I turned around immediately, jumping at the sight of Mikey. Holding a hand to my chest, I closed my eyes and tried to relax. I guess you could say I wasn't used to seeing Mikey like this, especially when he'd pop up out of nowhere.

"Sorry, dudette. Did I scare you?" He asked.

I nodded and laughed a little. "It's alright. I just didn't expect you to be here."

He then walked around me and used my keys to unlock the door, stepping aside and holding the door open for me. I thanked him and stepped inside before slipping off my shoes and tossing my purse onto the couch. I heard Mikey close the door behind him as he placed my keys on the coffee table.

"Sorry for showing up unannounced. I tried texting you earlier, but you never answered. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He gave a toothy grin, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

I smiled. "It's alright. My phone just died, but thank you for stopping by." I let out a yawn and made my way to the couch. Mikey followed and sat down beside me.

"Dude, you look tired."

I laughed and looked at him. "Really? I had no idea." I said sarcastically. I then felt a pain in my neck and started to rub it, rolling my head and shoulders around to make it go away.

"You need help with that?" I heard him ask.

I shook my head as I continued to try rubbing out the pain. "No, I got it."

"C'mon! These hands can work like wonders!" The orange masked turtle said, wriggling his fingers in front of me.

I glanced at his hands and back at his face, rolling my eyes playfully as I turned my back to him.

"Fine."

I removed my hands from my neck and waited for him to start. I then felt his hands on my shoulders as he pressed his thumbs in circular motions between my shoulder blades. I felt so much better in a matter of seconds, the tension releasing all on its own.

"Man, how long has it been since you've taken a break? These knots are making me stressed." Mikey joked.

I giggled. "Too long to even remember. With no one helping me to raise Harper and having to work until 3 AM almost every night just to support us, I don't think I could ever take a break. And then there's the bills I have to worry about and wondering how I could afford a babysitter at the same time. I've been doing this since I was 18, and I'm still not used to it."

Before I could even stop myself, I was telling him everything. I was telling him my worries, my fears, my frustrations. Everything. And he listened to every single word. That alone somehow encouraged me to keep talking. I guess all this time I just wanted someone to confide in, someone that can help me unwind a bit and just let everything go.

At the end of my confession, I sighed deeply. "But it's okay, you know? I've done it for almost five years now, which means I could pull through for many more to come."

"If you ever felt like you need a break from the world, you can always come to me." He said at last.

I smiled at the thought. "I just might take you up on that offer."

Minutes passed, and I finally felt relaxed both physically, emotionally, and mentally. I almost fell asleep at one point, but I woke myself up before I could. Mikey stopped rubbing my shoulders before I thanked him for the pampering. He shrugged it off like it was nothing, saying how he always wants people to feel happy more than anything. I liked that mindset of his.

We eventually said our goodbyes, and I made my way to the back of the house towards my bedroom. I showered, letting the water run down my body as the warmth relaxed me even more. I felt so at peace. Mikey was right about taking a break every once in a while. I don't think I've felt this stress free in a long time.

I hopped out of the shower and dried off, being too unbothered to even put on clothes before I wrapped myself in my blankets and fell asleep on my bed. I think I might just take a day off tomorrow. I'll call in sick in the morning.

____

I had writer's block while writing this story, but I hope you guys liked it nonetheless! Please leave a vote, comment, and share with your friends if you did! And I will see you in the next chapter. Bye!