Accidental Confessions: Donatello

(Y/N)'s POV

Reading intently over the cookbook laid out on my counter, I carefully added a half a cup of grated Parmesan cheese to my dish. Strange enough as it was, Donnie was so excited over the phone to hear that he'll be eating something other than pizza. Although pizza was the first human food he had ever tasted, he said that the taste has gotten old. He'd never admit that to his brothers though. They'd practically shun him for life. Especially his youngest brother, Mikey.

So here I was, making some homemade Spanish Parmesan pasta I learned from a cookbook my late grandmother had given me. It was the first time I had ever attempted making this dish, so hopefully Donnie liked it.

Suddenly, I heard the thud of a wooden ladder hitting the floor in my living room followed by soft creaking from the steps.

Speak of the devil.

"Thank you for letting me come over, (Y/N)." I heard Donnie say. He sounded different though.

Moving from the pan filled with pasta on the stove, I washed my hands and dried them with a small towel. I turned to face him with a smile on my face and made my way towards him to embrace him. When my arms wrapped around him, he inhaled sharply as his body tensed up. I looked up at him with worry and concern.

This wasn't the first time we've hugged. It's always been our way of greeting each other when he comes over, so why was he acting so strange?

"Are you alright, Don?" I asked as I let him go.

He nodded quickly and smiled awkwardly. "Y-Yeah, I'm just feeling a bit off today. My apologies for worrying you."

Unsure of whether to believe him or not, I decided to let it go and smile at him once again. I returned back to the stove and stirred the pasta around to make sure all ingredients were mixed evenly and thoroughly. Once satisfied, I scooped some pasta onto two plates and made my way towards the dining table. I set them down on the table as Donnie sat at his usual seat before walking to the refrigerator for some drinks.

When Donnie started coming around more often, I had to buy more La Croix for him and myself. I let him try it once, and he practically fell in love with it. "It's better than a daily dose of coffee and energy drinks" as he's said before. I handed him his drink and sat down in my seat beside him. We dug into our food immediately; Donnie's eyes grew so wide the second the food hit his tastebuds.

"This is amazing!" He said through a mouthful.

I glanced at him and giggled. "I could tell you like it." I think pointed to the side of my chin, a smirk present on my face.

He stared at me for a moment before reaching a hand towards his face, realizing there was food on his chin and immediately turning away. I laughed as he quickly grabbed a napkin and wiped his face frantically before turning around with a dark blush on his face. He laughed along with me as he returned his attention to his food.

"I'm sorry. I just like you."

He clamped a hand down on his mouth as we stared at each other in shock. He was a blushing mess at this point, but I knew I was probably just as bad, too.

"I-I-I mean I like food! I like your food!" He stuttered.

I stared at him for a moment longer before finally speaking up. "Donnie?"

The purple clad turtle had already lowered his head in shame as he ate, but he didn't dare look at me when I spoke. I knew he was listening, so I chose to keep talking.

"I like you, too."

Donnie inhaled sharply and started choking on his food. He held a hand to his throat as he coughed and tried doing the Heimlich maneuver on himself.

"Donnie!" I cried as I rushed to his side.

Giving himself a few punches in the gut, he coughed up a bit of pasta back onto his plate and gasped for air. He rubbed his throat and coughed a few more times, before looking at me.

"I-I'm sorry." He said embarrassed.

I shook my head and grabbed a napkin from the table and wiped his chin gently. He blushed deeply before taking my hand into his.

"Did you mean what you said?"

I nodded. "Why would I lie about that?"

He shrugged and looked down at his lap in shame. "Maybe as a joke? Or because you felt too bad to reject me?"

Using my free hand, I caressed his cheek and smiled up at him. "I'm serious, Donnie. I really do have feelings for you."

His gaze softened, a small smile forming on his face. Before I knew it, I was pulled into a hug with strong arms wrapped around me.

"I never thought I'd hear those words from someone as great as you."

____

Leave it to Donnie to almost die after someone confesses to him. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and got a bit of a laugh from it. Please leave a vote, comment, and share with your friends if you did! And I will see you in the next one. Bye!