Unspoken Thoughts: Donatello

Donatello's POV

As time went on and I started spending more and more time with (Y/N), it wasn't quite a shock that I ended up forming some feelings for her. I grew a bond with someone who accepted me for who I was and wasn't scared of me. And to make things better, we could talk about anything and everything for hours on end, she was funny, and beautiful both inside and out. I never thought I'd have a dream girl, but she was just that.

But I knew this was a lost cause.

To form a relationship with a mutant isn't something you read about in fairytales. Well, there is Beauty and the Beast (technically bestiality), but the Beast turned back to his human self in the end. I can't do the same for (Y/N). I was never cursed by an evil witch that I wronged, and true love's first kiss sure wouldn't break my image like it would have in Shrek.

Her being able to accept me was pure luck, but to have her return my feelings is a one in a billion chance.

Swiveling away from my laboratory desk, I leaned back in my chair and sighed heavily. If there was something that could change me, maybe then will I have a chance. I think it's possible to create something - a reverse mutation - but there isn't telling what would happen during the trials until I could perfect it. Who's to say it doesn't turn me back into a normal turtle? What if it just kills me. I can't test it on other animals due to the fact that I do not support animal testing, so I'm my only test subject.

But creating this new form of mutagen is possible, right? I mean, someone was capable in creating the mutagen that turned my family and I into humanoid versions of our original species. But that must have taken years with supplies that I don't have. To create something that is practically life changing for my family and I is only a distant dream upon us. But am I desperate enough to try? Of course.

My phone vibrated on my desk, pulling me instantly from my thoughts. I wheeled back to my desk and instantly smiled as I saw (Y/N)'s name light up on my screen. Even when she wasn't around was she able to make me smile. That's just how amazing she was.

'Gonna have a Dexter marathon in about an hour, wanna join if you can find out a way to sneak out?'

I don't think my fingers have ever typed out a message so quickly until now.

'I'm sure a little explanation of dumpster diving for a new experiment won't sound completely out of the ordinary. I'll see you then!'

Locking my phone, I leaned back in my chair once again and sighed - only happily this time.

I can't describe the way she makes me feel or what it is exactly that she's doing to me. I'm so captivated in just everything about her, and I can't get enough of it. She's like a drug coursing through my veins and into my heart.

But telling her how I feel is just setting myself up for embarrassment. Who's to say that she doesn't have someone in her life right now? Someone human? I don't think getting with a humanoid turtle was a part of her bucket list. But she had no problem with accepting me for who I was. Yeah, there was some time needed to get used to her newfound mutant friend, but she still made that effort. That has to mean something, right?

No, I shouldn't look too much into it. It'll only give me false hope and set me up for a broken heart. That wouldn't be her fault though since it was I who did it to myself, but it would still hurt nonetheless.

Glancing up at the clock above my doorway, I pulled myself out of my chair and discarded my lab coat. I know she wasn't going to start the show until an hour from now, but maybe I can help her with making popcorn and other snacks before the show begins. I grabbed a couple trash bags and gloves to make my little lie believable, and exited the lab.

"Going dumpster diving for some pieces for my experiment. Be back later." I announced as passed by my brothers in the living room.

"Yo, can I come?!" Mikey asked ecstatically.

"No, no. I'm all the help I need." I replied casually. I exited the lair as quickly as possible and never looked back for fear that they might see the smile on my face.

____

This was a semi-late update, but I have been busy lately with work and summer assignments. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please leave a vote, comment, and share with your friends if you did! And I will see you in the next one. Bye!