Best Friends & Unfamiliar Feelings: Leonardo

Leonardo's POV

It seemed like our every other day meetings eventually turned to daily ones. I told her that this was strictly me checking to see if she was alright, but I knew that wasn't the case. I enjoyed spending time with her, though I could never bring myself to admit it. I felt so stress free when I was around her, and she let me talk about anything I had in mind. I also started to learn more about herself as well.

She used to do gymnastics competitively, traveling all over the place for meets and stuff. She even showed me pictures and old newspaper clippings of herself. But tragedy struck, and she got injured before Nationals. Her coach even told her that she could've gone on to the Olympics if she hadn't gotten hurt. It was never the same after that, so she decided to give up her dream and move to New York to start over. Her medals and trophies were kept in boxes in her attic and her parents' place, collecting dust.

We would talk about little things: our experiences in the past, what it was like for my family and I when I left, how scary the move from (Y/N)'s small hometown to New York was. Everyday I would connect a new piece of the puzzle of who she was, and I always anticipated on finding the next.

I don't think I had ever grown so close to someone before. I mean, there was my family and April and Casey, but it was a different kind of close bond that I had with her. There were some things that I could never tell the others, but I knew (Y/N) was always there for me with open arms. I felt different around her.

Her laugh was contagious, the way she was so fearless made me feel something deep inside my chest, and her smile made me feel butterflies in my stomach. It was strange, and I couldn't seem to find an answer for it at all. I'd ask her about it, but I didn't want her worrying. I was probably just getting sick, but I've never heard of any symptoms like these.

I was so lost in thought that I hadn't even noticed (Y/N) calling out to me.

"Leo!" She placed her hand on my shoulder, causing me to jump and look at her. The look in her eyes was laced with concern, and I felt sorry for worrying her. But why was my heart beating so fast?

"Are you alright? You were spaced out." She said.

I nodded quickly and grabbed my teacup from the coffee table, sipping the now cold tea to avoid from embarrassing myself any further.

(Y/N)... What are you doing to me?

____

This is very short chapter, but good things come in small packages. I hope you guys enjoyed this story so far! Please leave a vote, comment, and share with your friends if you did! And I will see you in the next chapter. Bye!