Unspoken Thoughts: Michelangelo

(Y/N)'s POV

"Oh, (Y/N)~. Where are you?" Mikey called out from somewhere in the house.

I covered my mouth to stifle my laughter as I hid in the broom closet. I could hear his footsteps slowly coming down the staircase and into the living room. Curtains were being pulled open and doors were being opened.

"Come out, come out wherever you are."

Then the footsteps stopped. Silence filled up the house, and the orange masked turtle was nowhere to be heard. My giggles stopped, and I made the most daring decision to open the door. As I slowly crept towards the closet door and raised my hand to open it, the door swung open and a pair of hands dragged me out. I yelped in surprise, laughing hysterically as large hands starting tickling me around my abdomen.

"M-Mikey! Stop!" I said through fits of laughter and gasps for air. I tried pushing his hands away and blocking my stomach from him, but he was persistent.

"Not until you say the words!" He replied laughing.

"OKAY! You're better than me at every game known to mankind!"

His hands then retreated, and I sat up quickly and scooted away from him. This all started because I got a little too cocky when beating him at Super Smash Bros; he demanded that I called him the "Gaming King," but I ran away before he could get what he wanted. He sat on his knees in front of me, a goofy grin plastered on his face.

"I know I am!" He then stood up and helped me to my feet.

It seemed like everyday that I spent with Mikey was making me remember what it felt like to be young. I was constantly taking care of my little sister and raising her like she was my own daughter, so I never really had a chance to be a kid. We'd watch movies, play video games, and a lot more. All those childhood experiences I missed out on were finally catching up to me now that Mikey was around. But that wasn't the only thing that found me once again.

When living at the orphanage, there was this boy I knew. He was very kind, about a year older than I was, and would always help taking care of Harper. I knew I started to develop some form of feelings for the boy, but I never had a chance to act upon them. One morning after barely waking up, I saw him getting in a car with two strangers. I never even got a chance to say goodbye.

As time went on and I left that little orphanage with Harper, boys were the last thing I ever thought about. Having to raise a little girl on my own while juggling bills and keeping a good paying job, I never had time to date. But then Mikey showed up, and everything changed. And I was thankful for that.

I wasn't surprised that I developed feelings for him. He had so many great qualities to him, but my only concern was if he actually felt the same way. He knows he shouldn't even be talking to me, so would that keep him from developing any real feelings for me besides ones of friendship?

To top things off, we lived in completely different worlds. People always told me how serious and mature I was for my age, and I'm sure no one's ever told Mikey something like that. He was so alive and full of energy; I was boring and too tired to do anything because of work. The list could go on for miles without even having to mention that he was a mutant and I was human. I'm not saying that was a bad thing, but could that also deter him from developing feelings for me?

I want to tell him, but I don't know how he'd react. Would he stop seeing me if he didn't feel the same way? Would he stay but treat me differently?

"(Y/N)?"

I pulled myself from my thoughts and looked up at Mikey. He looked at me with concern, and I forced a reassuring smile to show that I was alright.

Staring for just a second longer, he leaned back into the couch and continued watching tv.

When did we come to the couch?

Deciding to distract myself from my thoughts and focus on the moment, I scooted a little bit closer to the humanoid turtle and joined him in watching tv.

____

I should really create some sort of schedule for updating so I don't find myself staying up until also midnight to write. You all know what to do! Please leave a vote, comment, and share with your friends if you enjoyed this chapter! And I will see you in the next one. Bye!