Unspoken Thoughts: Raphael

(Y/N)'s POV

'(Y/N)?'

Hands clasped together...

'Yes?'

Standing so close together...

'Did I ever tell you...'

Eyes staring longingly into each other...

'... how much you mean to me?'

Lips inching closer together...

'Raph...'

• • •

I awoke with a jolt, sitting up in bed and looking around frantically.

What the hell? Not again!

I glanced at the clock on my beside table as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

7:12 AM.

I groaned, pulling myself out of bed. I trudged towards my bathroom and splashed water on my face. I looked up at my reflection and almost jumped out of my skin at the glimpse of red in corner of my eye. Spinning around on my heel, I grabbed my red bra from the rack on my door and threw it in the dirty laundry bin.

This has been happening a lot lately. I kept seeing Raph everywhere I went, and he even started showing up in my dreams! But these dreams were so weird. The strangeness didn't match how awkward I've become around the real Raphael though. I've started acting like a little girl around her school crush! Giggling at everything he says even when it's not funny, staring at him constantly, thinking about him nonstop. It's crazy! I don't understand what's happening to me.

Ever since he showed me his little hideout on the outskirts of town, I've started seeing him differently. He wasn't the same old grump that I knew when we first met. He was softer in a way. I saw passed his rough attitude and found a passionate soul. And I haven't stopped thinking about him since. There was a strange feeling that always built up in my chest when he came to mind. I couldn't describe it, but it was something I'd never felt before.

He's affected my daily activities. I've found it hard to concentrate lately, and every song that I try writing ends up turning into a sappy love song.

I know what all this means, but I can't bring myself to admit the truth. He's never going to know anyways. I mean, he probably doesn't even feel the same way! Yeah, he can be a flirt sometimes, but that's probably just how he is. He's a vigilante, so he's probably saved tons of other girls like me before! So who's to say that he doesn't have other girls swooning over him? I know he has fan girls, and maybe he hasn't quite revealed himself to them, but New York is a big city. A part of me wouldn't be surprised if there was another girl on the other side of town.

What am I saying? Quit acting stupid, (Y/N). You know he isn't that kind of person.

Returning to my bedroom and sitting at the edge of my bed, I stared out at my window in thought. The sun turned the morning sky a beautiful orange hue. I don't think I'd ever woken up this early on a Sunday to notice such a beautiful detail. Standing up once again, I walked over to my window and opened it, allowing the fresh air and noise of birds chirping to fill my room. Then before I could even process my actions, I was climbing out of my window and onto the fire escape. One foot fell in front of the other as I made my way up the stairs and to the top of my apartment complex. It was so beautiful outside, and I felt the need to be closer to the sky than ever before. Residents were prohibited to come up here due to it being a safety hazard, but I pushed that fact to the back of my mind and kept climbing.

Once at the rooftop, I sat down and allowed my legs to dangle over the edge of the building. I sat up there for who knows how long, letting my thoughts run free. A lot of those thoughts revolved around Raph, which was something I was expecting.

I know somehow I managed to form some feelings for him. At first, I thought these sudden changes in my mood meant nothing. But then everything about my thoughts and emotions shifted, and that's when I realized the truth.

But it's a hopeless cause; I know that for a fact. For one, he was someone I was never supposed to have met. I mean, him saving me that night was meant to happen, but us growing the bond that we have now wasn't. He knows that he shouldn't be involved with me, but he sticks around anyways for a reason that I'm unsure of. But the chances of him staying because he returns my feelings are slim. He's not one to be open with people, and he mostly shies away from properly showing care and affection to those he cares about. Although him taking me to the hill on the outside of the city, all this is stuff I've managed to learn about Raph's personality during the times we spent together.

If anything, he might not even want to build anything from our current relationship due to fear itself. Fear of attachment? Fear of the unknown? Fear of showing weakness? I'm unsure. But it's the only reason I can come up with for why he suddenly tries pushing me away.

But all in all, I know I can't tell him how I feel. He's obviously trying to keep anything from happening between us, so maybe it should just stay that way. But if he ever wanted to take that chance - regardless of how unlikely that happening would be - I'd take that chance, too.

Sighing, I leaned my head back and stared up at the sky and slow moving clouds.

Oh, what I'd give for things to be different.

____

We all know how this hotheaded turtle can be when it comes to opening up, but will he ever get passed his habits? Keep reading to find out! Please leave a vote, comment, and share with your friends if you enjoyed this chapter! And I will see you in the next one. Bye!