Introduction: Look out playboys, I'm after your master.

"I'm breaking up with you," he mutters, his eyes watching me as if I might burst into tears any second. I desperately beg for me to feel some kind of sadness, but I can't bring myself to pull out my best fake tears. I didn't come here for an Oscar.

At least, not today.

I saw this coming anyway. Brody Adams is one hell of a player. That, and I saw him shagging Serena the Slag behind the P.E office. It definitely brightened my Tuesday morning.

Not.

I shrug. "Oh," I would try to put some sort of shock into my voice but I knew what I was getting into when he asked me out. I had already heard the rumours about him but alas, I went ahead anyway despite my friend's protests.

Let's just say, don't believe all you hear folks because I was definitely surprised to find he had a really small-

"You're not upset?" he asks, coking his head to the side, confusion lighting up his dark eyes. I roll my eyes and suppress a smirk.

I was going to say dog. He has a really small dog, called Pedro.

Pedro the pug.

Pathetic.

"Why would I be?" I retort, pushing my dark hair out of my face. "We dated for-" I check my imaginary watch, "a whole two weeks." I avert my gaze away from Brody for a couple seconds and glance around the field- there's nothing special about our University really. But I still catch the familiar hint of of cracked paint on the sides of the buildings and the stetch of freshly mowed lawn (despite it being autumn).

Brody stares at me in shock, his lips parted as if his tiny brain can't think of a response. This conversation must be having a serious effect on his three brain cells. Instead of saying anything, he puffs out his chest and turns away from me, clearly confused but most certainly relieved of my lack of response.

I guess I'm single again. Single Pringle. Never going to mingle.

I'm the kind of girl that will never find love. I'm just going to assume it because I'm so amazing.

Not.

I just tend to go for the players. The guys who pick brawn over brain and definitely all who have at least been in a two mile radius of Serena Delamore.

What I really need is a Ken doll. Get it? Like Ken-dall because my name is...

OK, I'm gonna stop.

Sighing, I pull away from the football pitch and head towards the courtyard to meet my friends. The moment I see them, I run over to the group. Well, it's not running but it's definitely my best attempt at trying to. Meaning: I half run, half limp over in an awful attempt at not looking desperate but all the while being desperate to see them.

I run like a derranged donkey. What can I say? I'm the best in the buisness.

"Guess what?" I shout to a massive group of people dominating the court. Every head turns to face me and I try not to blush. These are my friends after all.

Yup, even that plastic brunette in the back corner.

Maria turns to me with a half smile, half smirk and replies almost instantly. "Brody dumped you and is now onto the next hoe?" she asks, though we both know what the answer will be. I catch a few eyerolls from on-lookers and try not to glare in return. The ear-splitting screeches from a gaggles of girls momentarily deafens me and causes me to completely de-rail from our conversation. I turn to face them and smile, quickly embracing the nearest one just so they'd have something else to talk about (she starts crying and all her friends stare at me in shock- I pretend not to notice and block their fangirling out).

"Yup," I say, my cheeks cooling as everyone turns away from me and begin to mutter about Brody. I'd like to say these people are polite and kind and generally really nice humans. But I'm pretty sure they're bitching about whatever girl he's moved onto.

I'm just glad Serena isn't around to hear this.

I turn to Maria and sigh loudly, more for effect than anything else because my tendency to be over-dramatic is what she loves about me so much. I might as well play to my strengths. "What's this, the third one this month?" she sighs, tutting loudly at me over the constant chatter.

"OK, not quite my personal best of six but I'm working on it. There is a week left of October!" I smirk, tapping her lightly on the nose. She rolls her eyes before turning serious.

"Kendall, you gotta stop this. It's like you're tormenting yourself on purpose!"

I roll my eyes and take her hand. A sad smile creeps onto my lips; the only time I would ever admit that it hurts me is to Maria. She's my only true friend in this school, despite what others may say.

"Look, some people are made to fall in love. I'm not; I really couldn't care less. Anyway, I have a plan," I reply, my smile becoming more of a smirk with every second.

Maria rolls her eyes again. She thinks it looks cute but it makes her look like she's having an eye spasm.

I can't bring myself to tell her the truth.

"I'm going to destroy the players. And who better to fool than the king himself?" I turn to face another group of people in the distance. And there, surrounded by hundreds of fangirls and friends is none other than Grant Mitchell.

"This is a bad idea," Maria comments, but I brush it away with ease.

Look out playboys, I'm after your master.

***

Welcome Wattpadians far and wide!

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I will enjoy writing it! I really hope you all liked this chapter, I can assure that there will be many twists and turns to come during this book.

I'm very excited and I hope you all are too!

Please give this a vote and a comment! I would really love any feedback you could give as it really helps me to develop as a writer. Also please may you share this as I would love many more wattpadians to give this book a go!

Question: Does your school have a notorious playboy?

Dedication: To @pinkbubbles77 for being a lovely supporter of my other works! Thank you!

Love you,

Amber x