Chapter Twenty Three: That boy will be the death of me.

When we get back to Uni I find my workload to be ten times what it was before Christmas. I spend nearly everyday with a mountain of notes and books to sift through and find no time for my family, Grant or Maria.

Luckily, my best friend and I are on talking terms again. We didn't really speak too much about what happened at the play centre. We just both apologised. And though her comment upset me, I have the tendency to take things too far sometimes.

On top of my endless work and Grants never ending harassment, Kent's been leaving me cryptic messages on every kind of social media possible.

This morning, I woke up to five texts, three Facebook messages and six missed calls.

I swear, that boy will be the death of me.

He even sent a bouquet of flowers as an apology even though (you guessed it) I overreacted slightly.

Okay! I overreacted a lot!

Though I really want to be on talking terms again, I haven't found the time. My shifts at the cafe have even had to become irregular.

"Please tell me you're not cancelling," Maria tuts over the phone. I roll my eyes and sigh, guilt fills my stomach.

"I'm sorry! I can't come out I have this whole essay to write," I moan, though we both know I'll end up distracted by Grant one way or another.

If it's not his texting then it's his calls. And if it's not that, then he's round my house.

He might as well move in with the time he's spending around here.

He puts Kent to shame.

"Girl, give yourself a break and don't let yourself get too stressed. This party will be a good detox."

Since when had parties ever been a good idea. People's houses get trashed. I get wasted. And everyone else gets laid.

I try to think of an excuse. I really do. But Maria's right, I need to give myself a break once in a while.

Not all parties are bad, right?

I'm just trying to make myself feel better here!

"Fine!" I sigh, glaring over at my insanely messy wardrobe.

Who am I kidding?

It's basically a floor-drobe.

"Now your eighteen I can finally put my fake ID into good use. Let's go to Nexus."

I rest my phone between my shoulder and ear so I can find something to wear. Maria babbles on and on about how much guns it's going to be as I throw endless garments onto the bed in an attempt of compiling some kind of outfit.

"Really. Maria that's like a seriously elite club. We can't afford it." I groan, throwing my phone onto my bed on loud speaker.

"Kendall babe, get Grant to take us. I'm sure he's well known around there. Probably shagged a couple of the barmaids," she counters causing a shudder to run through me.

Just the thought of that makes me want to throw up.

"No. I don't want his filthy money!" I shout angry; it's muffled by my top which is stuck on my head. I sigh and wrestle it onto my body.

"OK I'll ask Jack."

Before I can reply, she cuts off the phone leaving me half dressed, staring blankly at the black screen of my phone.

I tug some ripped jeans over my legs and run a comb through my second-day curls. A knock at the door signals Maria's arrival and I grab some heels and my leather jacket before heading downstairs to greet my best friend.

My mum has beaten me to it- she's already pulling Maria into a hug. As they pull away my mum catches me halfway down the stairs and smiles brightly at me.

"Have fun girls. When you get back K, I'll put the key under the doormat. I'll probably be in bed okay. But my phone will be on if you need anything."

I nod, slipping down the stairs and into her warm arms. Maria watches awkwardly from the side and when I release my mum, I pull my best friend into a hug too.

"Jack's waiting in the car," she mutters into my shoulder. Even though she's wearing heels, I'm a head taller than her.

So many questions swarm around me. When did you and Kent go on a date? Who the hell is Jack? Why are we going to the fanciest club in our city?

"You have so much to tell me."

-*-

Hello guys,

How are you all today. I hope you are doing good.

How are you feeling about the new cover. I wanted something a bit more colourful and fun.

Did you enjoy this chapter? If you did please hit that little star and tell me what you enjoyed.

Whos your fav character? And why? Has your opinion on Maria changed now? Why do you think she was hiding stuff from Kendall.

Thank you so much for your support so far on this book.

Please share with everyone you know.

Love,

Amber Rose x