Chapter Twenty Two [Final]

"How could you not tell me?" Roma grumbled.

Aiden wished he'd gotten a chance to tidy himself up before being confronted. Now that he was more aware, he also wished he'd had the presence of mind to realise that everyone was literally five feet away from him and Lucas last night.

"I was going to." He pulled the blankets up to his chin.

"When? After I bitched about him for another week?" Roma plonked herself down. Her make-up had been put on and she was wearing outfit number two – short shorts and a low-cut flora tank top. "That wasn't fair. I shouldn't have had to find out like that. Even Hugh knew about it."

"It wasn't exactly going well when we met up yesterday." Aiden defended himself, "and I didn't want to talk about it."

Roma glared at him for a solid ten seconds before shaking her head.

"So, we're good?"

"Yes, we're good idiot." Roma picked up the nearest pillow and threw it at him.

"Hey." Aiden winced as he defended himself. His stomach felt terrible, like there was still something inside it doing damage from within. But there was definitely no alcohol left in there, or anything else. Maybe that was the problem? He was more concerned with Roma. "And you're okay with it?"

"Lucas..." Roma screwed up her nose. "I don't see it lasting."

"Hey!"

"I'm serious. You two are completely different. He's a mindless idiot and you're not." She must have seen he wasn't happy with her, because she rolled her eyes. "Obviously I support you and whatever idiot you want to date, even if I strongly disapprove."

"He's actually okay you know. Try talking to him one on one, you'll see." Aiden insisted.

Roma shrugged. She was unconvinced, but it was a relief that she didn't seem to mind.

"I'm still mad you didn't tell me." She said, "But I'll forgive you because you look terrible."

"Thanks. So where is everyone?"

"Getting breakfast." She said, "Mr Boyfriend said he'd pick something up for you."

His stomach tightened in on itself. "It's not official or anything like-"

"Here they are." Roma leaned out the door.

"Oh, he's alive?" Connor peeked in.

The smell of crepes reached him. Stomach pangs started up, and he pulled himself into sitting position. It wasn't easy. His arms felt weak under his bodyweight, and it honestly felt like he'd somehow gained all the weight from last year back again, moving was that heavy.

"You up for breakfast?" Lucas came in with a crepe in his hand. It was filled with cream and fruit. "I figured you'd prefer this to just chocolate."

He studied Lucas out of the corner of his eye as he took it. "Thanks."

"Sorry I didn't ask, you were sound asleep when we left, and I didn't want to wake you up." Lucas said. Aiden figured that Roma must have barged in the second they were out of earshot. "How are you feeling?"

"Terrible." Aiden nibbled on the crepe. It was really, really sweet. Way too sweet for him to say he liked it, but it was getting something into his stomach that mattered. "You?"

Lucas's lips twitched up. "I wasn't the one dying last night."

Aiden could see dark circles under his eyes. "You didn't get much sleep?"

"I wonder why." Connor snorted from next door.

Aiden blushed. "I meant-"

Lucas tossed the pillow Roma had used at his brother.

"Ugh." Connor got knocked down.

Lucas closed the door in time to block the pillow being tossed back.

"Bastard." Connor yelled.

Lucas sat back with a chuckle. He scooted next to Aiden and loosely put his arm around him. "I did sleep, but we didn't get back here until like four am, and we'd been dancing for how many hours? I can't even imagine how exhausted you must be right now."

"I'm sure you've had hangovers worse than this." Aiden ate a strawberry.

"Not going to deny that, but usually I get to sleep mine off in my own bed and not a tent." He glanced at the door and leaned closer to Aiden, "Last night Roma definitely –"

"Yup."

Lucas blinked. "She already-"

"Yup."

He looked over Aiden, and relaxed. "She's okay with it then? Good. I was worried I'd have to chase after you again."

"Again? When have you chased after me before?" Aiden questioned, "I had to go find you after you stormed off."

Lucas scratched his chin and looked a bit uncomfortable. "I guess 'chase' isn't the right word. It wasn't easy."

"What wasn't easy?" Aiden lowered the crepe.

Lucas kept his eyes on anywhere but him. "You know."

"No, tell me."

"Asking you to come here with me. Asking for you to give me a shot when the last time I'd seen you I'd been told to get lost and I was mistake."

Guilt pricked at Aiden's gut. He wished that stupid argument had never happened. "I didn't mean what I said."

"I know." Lucas offered him a small smile. He squeezed his hand, and Aiden believed that the smile directed at him as genuine. "I'm just nervous."

"Me too."

"But, I still want to give it a shot."

"Me too."

Lucas's expression lit up. He leaned in for a quick kiss. "I had a word with those guys, they'll go see Ed Sheeran so we can go see that violin player you like."

"Oh, you're sure you don't want to go see –"

"Nope." Lucas shook his head with certainty. "We're going on a date night. And uh, I'd like if you'd only dance with me tonight. If you don't mind?"

Aiden couldn't help with chuckle at his fidgeting. He couldn't help but wonder how Lucas was in any doubt about his feelings after last night. "I think I can manage that. As long as you promise me the same thing."

Lucas grinned. He lightly rested his arm along Aiden's back, and ducked in for a soft kiss. "I promise."

A/N: This it, kinda sudden  I know but the story felt like it was at it's end point for me. I appreciate the votes and reads, and would really like any feedback so I can work on making the next one better. :)