3 || Welcome To The Squad

❝ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ - 071814 ; ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ - ✔️ ❞

Thank you for the feedback! Most of your decisions are a fanfic series. Here's what I promised! Thank you so muuuch for reading. :)

Also, please take note that this is your POV from now on, not 3rd person.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"Auruo, Petra, Eld, Gunther. Meet your new squad members, (f/n) (l/n) and Eren Jaeger." Levi says.

"Nice to meet you!" You say, bowing. Eren tenses up and copies you.

Petra looks at you curiously and walks over to you. You stare at her and she slowly reaches out a hand to pinch your cheeks.

"You have chubby cheeks... Cute!" She remarks. You just smile awkwardly.

"Stop fooling around and get to work." Levi says, walking off. You and the others just salute.

You, Eren, and Petra head off to a room in the headquarters. You grab some of the cleaning equipment and hand them over to the others.

Cleaning the place up took longer than you expected. Eventually, you and Eren got tired. You look around to see a clean office and you couldn't help but be proud. In one corner, you find Petra still cleaning. You wonder where she could possibly get all her energy from. Even more just thinking how Levi could spend an eternity cleaning.

"I'm exhausted." You say as you place the broom against the wall.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing, Eren? I'm taking a break."

"B-But... that voice wasn't mine." You hear Eren stutter a bit.

"Really?" You ask, confused.

You turn around, instantly meeting a pair of cold eyes staring down at your resting form. If it's one thing Levi hates more than stubborn brats, it was lazy brats that think cleaning isn't a serious job. You aren't one of them, but it sure looked like you were. You freeze a bit and quickly get on your feet to salute Levi, stumbling in the process. 

"I'm sorry, Levi! It won't happen again!" You say.

"Where are your manners, brat? That's Corporal Levi to you." He says.

You furrow your eyebrows a bit in confusion. Just a week ago, he had requested to call him Levi, and now he wants you to call him Corporal again?

"My apologies, Corporal. It won't happen again." You say and heard a faint 'tch' as he walks off.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"(Y/n), have you seen Eren?" Hanji pouts.

"I'm sorry, I haven't." You lie, trying your hardest to keep a straight face.

"Aww, what a bummer. Tell me when you find him." She says, walking away in search of him.

You give her a thumbs up in response. You watch her disappear from the scene and almost instantly burst into laughter. You check on Hanji again to make sure she really was gone before calling on Eren.

"You can come out now." You chuckle.

You hear the closet open and a loud crash as Eren lands on the floor. You hear him wince in pain and he brings his hand to his head. This caused you to laugh even more, your cheeks burning a bright red from the laughter. 

"You think it's so funny? What if you were a titan Hanji was going to experiment on." He glares at you.

"Ah, but that's the thing, I'm not. I'm sorry for thinking it's funny. You look like a helpless cat trying to hide from her." You say, wiping the tears from your eyes.

"If you think that's so funny... Wait 'til I tell the Corporal about your secret..." Eren smirks.

You suddenly stop laughing and your eyes widen. 

"You wouldn't..."

"Oh, I will."

"Don't you dare..."

"I think we've got ourselves a deal. Keep me away from Hanji as much as you can and this secret is safe with me." Eren's smile grows bigger as he speaks.

"Fine. Darn it, you blackmailer." You cross your arms and you hear him chuckle.

"Welcome to the squad, (y/n). More blackmailing is about to come your way."

"Welcome to the Squad, Jaeger. More kicks on your face is about to come your way as well."

"Oi, brats. Shut up and get to work."

You freeze in place at the harsh tone of the Corporal. Do you think he was listening? What if he actually heard Eren talking about your secret? Ugh, all you had to do was tell Eren about a little secret and there he goes, ready to yell it to the whole world. He may be your best friend, but he can be such a handful sometimes.

"Oh, Corporal Levi. Want to know a secret?" Eren smiles, looking at you.

"Oh, Corporal Levi. Have you seen Squad Leader Hanji?" You glare at Eren in return.

"No, I don't want to know a secret, Jaeger. As for you, (l/n), I have." He says in his monotone voice.

Eren puts on a poker face at the Corporal's response. He continues to sweep the floor, pretending that nothing had happened. The Corporal steps out of the room and you resume cleaning. None of you had said a word to each other, it was peaceful and quiet, just the way you like it.

"Oh, it's on (y/n)."

"Is that a challenge, Jaeger?" You smirk, back facing him.

"The games are on." He replies.

"Fine, you started this. Don't back out like a chicken." You laugh. He scowls.

As soon as you finish, you hear a group of people making noise outside. It sounded like your fellow comrades. Being stuck in a room this long made you curious as to what had been going on outside. It didn't sound too chaotic to make you want to be away from them, so you turn to the male standing next to you.

"Eren, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" You happily say, and Eren gives you a smile.