24 || That Secret

❝ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ - 012415 ; ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ - 100917 ❞

⚔═══════════════════⚔

"Eren!" You shout, looking for your best friend.

"You looking for Eren?" Mikasa pops out of nowhere.

"Geez, Mikasa. Stop creeping me out. Oh, and yes I am looking for him." You say.

"Why are you looking for him?" She asks.

"Nevermind. I'll look for him by myself." You say, walking away from her.

You continued to roam around and still no sign of Eren. You let out a sigh, about to give up from exhaustion when thankfully, you saw Armin passing by.

"Armin! Have you seen Eren?" You ask.

"Hmm, yeah. He was looking for you too but he got in trouble so he's on cleaning duty at the mess halls." He says.

"Oh, okay then. Thanks Armin!" You say, giving him a small smile.

He returned the gesture and you made your way to the mess halls. As you opened the doors, light found it's way inside. You saw Eren by the sink, washing the dishes and a mop beside him.

"How'd you end up here?" You ask, sitting down.

"...I accidentally called the Corporal 'shorty'" He said.

"Well, that's a shame." You say, holding in your laughter.

"Tell me about it." He says, wiping off his sweat.

"Let me help you out." You say, grabbing the mop.

"Thanks a lot." He says.

"You're welcome. You still owe me that secret though." You say.

⚔═══════════════════⚔

You spent about two hours cleaning the mess halls with your best friend. As soon as you both finished, you sat down to catch your breath, Eren following you.

"Man, I'm tired." You say.

"Me too." Eren says, wiping off his sweat.

"So, the secret..." You start off.

"Oh yeah, about that one." He smirks.

"Come on, tell me!" You say, shaking him.

"Okay, okay. Remember that day I asked you to the party?" He asks.

"Yeah, what about it?" You ask.

"It was actually Levi's plan." He blurts out.

"Wait what-"

"Don't scream! He might hear us." He says, covering your mouth.

"Okay. But what? Are you serious?" You say.

"Yes, I am. And now, we head off to training." He says, grabbing your wrist.

You let yourself get dragged by Eren going to the training grounds. Your mouth still slightly agape and your eyes still slightly widened. When Levi has spotted you, he quickly furrowed his eyebrows and marched off to your direction.

"What do you think you are doing dragging her?" Levi asks, glaring at Eren.

"She didn't want to move, sir. If I don't drag her, we'll be late." He explains.

"Tch, let go of her." Levi says, grabbing your wrist.

"Oooh, shorty. You're jealous aren't you?" Hanji says with a smirk, popping out of nowhere.

"Shut up and look after the cadets." Levi says.

"Fine." She pouts.

⚔═══════════════════⚔

Eren ran his fingers through his hair after such a long day of training. As he was walking, he passed by the captain who seems expressionless and stoic as usual. He stopped in his tracks as he heard his name being called.

"Oi, brat. Mind telling me why (y/n) screamed in the mess halls?" He asks.

"U-uh, I told her the secret." Eren admits.

"You mean... about the party?" He asks, Eren nods.

"Tch, and you just couldn't keep it to yourself. I need your help, brat." Levi says.

"What is it, heichou?" Eren asks.

"Follow me to Hanji's office. We'll talk about it there." He says.

"This concerns her, am I right?" Eren asks.

Before Eren could add anything else, Levi started walking away. Eren raised an eyebrow as he did not get any response from the captain. He complied, following him without making another sound. As they reached the squad leader's office, they settled inside as Hanji gave a smirk.

"Eren, we all know you're the closest one to (y/n), right?" She asks.

"Umm... yeah, I guess." Eren says, scratching the back of his neck.

"Good, you'll be of great help. I just need you to answer a few questions." She says, grabbing a pen and paper.

"Okay?" He questions.

"Okie dokie, let's start..."

As the interview went on, Eren got the idea why they were doing this. And as for you who was currently in the dorms with your friends, you started to get a tingly feeling that someone was talking about you. You tried to shrug it off, but it only continued to give you shivers.

"(Y/n), you okay? You're kinda spacing out." Sasha says, waving her hand in your face.

"H-Huh? Y-Yeah, I'm fine." You say, laughing it off.

"Liar, tell us what's bugging you." Mikasa says.

"Fineee. I just have a feeling that someone's talking about me." You say.

"Oooh, a secret admirer, maybe?" Sasha chuckles, you roll your eyes.

"Don't say that, we all know who (y/n) belongs to." Krista says.

"W-what is that supposed to mean?" You ask.

"You and Levi belong to each other, duh." Ymir states.

"NO, LEVI BELONGS TO HAJIME ISAYAMA!"

"Wait, what?"

"I belong to myself." You reply, with a cat face.

"Oh, okay." They say, chuckling in response.

"For a second there, I thought I heard you say something else." Sasha laughs.

"Oh, you did." You silently mutter.

⚔═══════════════════⚔

"Okay, scram now. I have a plan to devise." Hanji says, pushing Eren away from her office.

"Wait, b-but-"

Eren then met the slam of the door on his face. He gave a little pout and let out a sigh. While he walked to his dorms, he started stomping his foot like a child and whispered a little whine.

She said there'd be candy afterwards.

Eren entered the room, slamming the door and his fellow friends looked at him. Neither of them spoke up as they saw Eren's sour face. He straightly went to his bed and went under the covers.

"I wonder what happened to him."

"Who knows."

"Sshh, he might hear you."