5 || It Begins

❝ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ - 072414 ; ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ - 092617 ❞

I'm sorry, but you'll have to be a little shorter than Levi here. xD Peace.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"(Y/n)! Shorty needs assistance again!" Hanji shouts from afar.

You turn around to meet her gaze and find her smiling at you. You smile back and head to her direction.

"Why? This is the third time he needed some help today." You question.

"Maybe because he's too short." She says.

"But I'm shorter than him!" You say, and Hanji just shrugs.

You groan in frustration and made your way back to his office. You knock on the door and he answers with the usual 'name and state your business' statement, and all you replied was your name. You heard a pair of footsteps making its way towards the door, and he opens it for you to let you in. You look around the unchanged room, nothing seemed wrong to you.

"What do you need help for, Levi?" You ask.

"Stay here and wait for my orders. I need someone to talk to or else I'll fall asleep." He said without lifting his head to look at you.

"Yes, Levi." You say. "May I have permission to sit down?"

"Yes, sit down." He replies.

You made your way to the chair that rested in front of his table, quietly sitting down. As soon as you did, the room engulfed in silence. It was almost impossible not to feel tense with that kind of lingering atmosphere.

"Tell me about your past." He says. You blink in confusion.

"I'm from Shiganshina but I moved into Trost a month after Wall Maria was breached. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin were all I had but we got separated after I moved in." You started.

He didn't say a word, and you continued.

"An old woman was kind enough to adopt me into her house but I left as soon as I decided to join the Military." You say, and he nods.

"How about your family?" He asks.

"P-please don't talk about this with m-me." You say, trying not to remember the incident as you held back some tears.

For the first time, he lifted his head to look at you. Your eyes met his gaze as he stared at you. You averted your eyes and he took notice of this so he decided not to press any further. He figured bringing up your past made you uncomfortable, especially talking about it to him, so he let it slide.

"You may leave, (l/n)." He says, setting his eyes back on the paperworks.

You stood and saluted him. "At ease." He replies and you headed for the door. Your hand was already hovering over the doorknob, but you suddenly turned back to face the man, blurting out something you didn't expect to come out of your mouth.

"Can I visit you again soon, Levi?" He raised his eyebrow as soon as the words had left your mouth.

"Sure, whatever brat." He replies.

"Thanks." You mutter and left the room. What did you just do?

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

Waking up early every day became a routine for you. You would rise at an early hour, occasionally even when the sun wasn't up. All the effort just to do your chores or assist Levi. Your friends couldn't help but start to assume something weird about your relationship with your superior. They were starting to think you had a secret affair with him. Not to mention, all of them knew about your little crush on him.

"Do you think they confessed already?" Sasha asks.

"But it's wrong to assume unless (y/n) herself tells us." Krista interrupts.

"What do you think they're doing in the morning?" Jean asks.

"Maybe (y/n) confessed already, don't you think?" Connie assumes.

"No, that's plainly absurd." Armin says.

"There's nothing going on between them. (Y/n) wakes up early because the captain had given her more chores than usual." Eren says.

"Why is that, Eren?" Mikasa asks.

"We'll never know." Eren smirks.

"We'll never know what?"

"About (y/n)'s relationship with- (y/n)!" He exclaims, surprised by her sudden appearance.

"So, this is what the fuss was all about?"

"(Y/n)! H-How long have you been listening?" Eren asks, face surprised.

"Not much." You shrug.

Your friends started feeling a little guilty of talking about you. Krista started apologizing for the group and you just nod your head. After all that, you invited them to join you in the mess halls. Sasha gladly accepted and ran ahead of everyone. You sigh and follow her inside to find her munching up on bread already.

You grabbed a tray along with the others and sat down beside Sasha, who was conversing with Connie who also sat next to her. Soon, Eren, Armin, and Mikasa joined in the table and all of you started to engage in a lively conversation.

You suddenly stopped talking when you surprisingly felt someone staring at you.

It was Levi.