17 || Party

❝ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ - 103014 ; ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ - 100417 ❞

Hiii! It's been a while. Sorry for the slow updates.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

Soon, training was finally over and it was time for lunch. Everyone was exhausted, sweating and starving. They were asked to train harder, not to mention twice as much as before.

"I need fooooood!" Sasha yells, stumbling.

"Stop complaining and just head to the mess halls." You reply, walking along with her.

"But (y/n)-"

"No, just stop talking." You whine, cutting her off.

As soon as you arrived at the mess halls, Sasha's complaining had stopped as she ran to get some food. You couldn't help but sigh at your friend. You followed her and sat down by the table and started eating. Suddenly, Hanji bursts in through the door with a goofy grin on her face.

"I have an announcement to make!" She yells.

"I'm not liking the sound of this." You whisper.

"As we all know, the expedition is in 3 days. So tomorrow, we will have a... PARTEH!" She grins.

At first, everyone stayed silent trying to process what Hanji had just said. After a few more seconds, half of the cadets started cheering while the other half started whining, you being one of them. Sasha, on the other hand, was applauding.

"Why is that?" Levi asks, causing everyone to stay silent.

"Come on, shorty! We need a little fun." She says, opening her arms out widely.

"Tch, I'm not going." He says.

"Oh, everyone's going. Either you attend or I'll force you to wear a maid's outfit." She smirks.

"Disgusting." He scowls.

"Come on, you'll attend eventually." She chuckles.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"Can I not go, Hanji?" You ask.

"No, everyone has to go or shorty will give you stable duty and make you run laps." She says.

"But he didn't even want to go either." You say.

"I actually convinced him. I have permission to give you punishments if you don't go." She smirks.

"You're the worst." You whine.

"To make things better, this party is like prom! I can't wait to see a guy ask you out!"

You suddenly froze in your place. Hanji chuckles at your reaction and patted your back harshly. You cringed and your eyes twitch as you looked at her with a horrified face. Her laughter died down a little and she just gave you a thumbs up.

"I wasn't supposed to tell but I simply had to. Oh well, see you tomorrow!" She says, skipping off happily.

You remained still, legs still not moving, and mouth slightly agape. Your hopes were up for a second, but it immediately vanished as your mind wondered about the captain. You shake your head, confused on why you would even think that.

You let out a sigh, and just walked back to your room. As you entered, you saw someone that wasn't supposed to be there on your bed. The girl had a big bag of potato chips on her hands and she was munching like there's no tomorrow.

SASHA.

"What are you doing in my room?" You ask, as she looks at you with a slightly shocked face.

"I couldn't sleep, can I stay here with you?" She asks.

"Fine, as long as you share those chips." You sigh.

"Eh... no." She says, looking at you and then back to the bag of chips then to you again.

"Get out then." You smile at her.

"Fine! I'll share!" She says, sounding like a kid who was about to cry.

"Good. Why couldn't you sleep anyway?" You ask, sitting beside her.

"Because Squad Leader Hanji told me about the party being like prom! I don't want to cheat on my potatoes!" She cried.

"What? But I thought she wasn't supposed to tell anyone?" You ask.

"But she said she simply had to!" Sasha says.

"Ah, that girl. I knew she couldn't keep a secret for one whole day." You mutter, shaking your head.

"I wonder if Connie..." She trails off, completely forgetting your presence.

"Will ask you out?" You ask her, reaching for some chips.

"Yeah, please don't tell." She says.

"Sure thing, but I gotta get some sleep now. Goodnight!" You yawn.

"Goodnight, (y/n)."

Sasha turned off the lamp and the room went completely dark. You heard her lie down on the floor, and you called her.

"Hey Sasha? You can sleep on the upper deck."

You heard her thank you as she climbs to the upper deck of the bed. She shifts to a comfortable position and could hear her faint snores. Slowly, you drifted off to sleep too.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"Good morning, (y/n)! I wonder who should I ask to the party." Jean says, putting his hand over your shoulder.

"Go ask by the stables, I'm sure you'll get a date there." You say, removing his arm from yours.

You smirked as you could hear some faint snickers. You looked at Jean's sour face, who looked offended. You smiled and apologized, as he casually brushes it off and forgives you. You sat down by Eren's table and said your usual greetings. You then noticed a certain female was nowhere to be found, wondering where she could be.

"Hey, where's Mikasa?" You ask.

"I don't know." Eren replies.

"That's unusual." You remark, looking around for her.

Your eyes continued to scan each and every table. Nope, there was completely no sign of Mikasa. Suddenly, you heard Eren call from across you. The moment your eyes turned to look at him, you were surprised. There, he was holding a piece of paper with eight words written on it.

WILL YOU GO TO THE PARTY WITH ME?

You didn't know what to say, you were completely shocked. But even before you could respond, a strong hand pulled you out of the table. Reiner was dragging you onto their table and Bertholdt was standing with a flower on his hand.

"I r-really like you, (y/n). Please go with me?" He says, giving you the flower.

You took it from him, giving him a sweet smile. You didn't even know how much it melted his heart. Again, you were about to say something but was cut off by Hanji pushing you outside the mess halls.

"What the hell, Hanji?" You raise your voice, giving her a confused look.

She just stared at you. Before you could complain at her actions, her hand was pointing somewhere. It was pointing to your right. And just as you turned to your right, your eyes met silver orbs. You were lost in them, you felt like you weren't even conscious.

"What do you want?" You ask, snapping out of it.

"I'll only say this once. I need you to be my partner to the party. Because if you do not accept, my life is at risk. It is up to you, whether you have the heart to accept my offer or not."

"But-"

"Be my date."