*15 || Truth Behind It

❝ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ - 100914 ; ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ - 100417 ❞

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

Levi's POV (Yay :))

Being a superior isn't as easy as you think, brats. You may think being a superior is getting everything you want but it does not work that way. No matter who you are, you will always be limited.

"Have you talked to her?" Erwin asks, walking in the office.

"Yes, I have." I reply without lifting my head from the paperwork.

"Good. I think we understand each other, Levi." He says.

"No, we don't. Sooner or later, I'll have to break that promise." I say, emphasizing each word.

"Rules are rules. Break it and you're out even if you're Humanity's strongest." He says.

"Tch."

He left the room without saying another word to me. I stopped writing and dropped the pen on my desk. No matter how much I would want something, I'll have to work hard for it and be patient. That is how I became Humanity's strongest soldier.

I got up from my desk and proceeded to the mess halls where everyone was gathered. Cadets and superiors in different tables, talking and eating together. The place was very filthy, looked like a mini food fight took place.

"What took you so long, shorty?" Hanji asks, as I sit across from her.

"Don't bother me." I reply, sighing.

"The cadets are so cheerful today. Nee, heichou?" Petra asks, looking around.

I gave the girl a curt nod despite my frustration. I really wasn't in the mood to be around anyone, so I tried my best to eat in silence. If anyone else dared to talk, I just might end up punching their sorry face.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

I am now standing by the training grounds, observing the brats. Everyone was paired with partners. Kirsctein and freckles, Braun and Leonhart, Braus and Springer, Jaeger and (l/n), Ackerman and Reiss, and whatever.

I don't really give a damn about their names.

Beside me, stood glasses with arms crossed and a smirk on her face. I ignored her presence and continued to look at the cadets spar. At one point, I held my hand close to my mouth. I turned around to stop myself and I could feel glasses questioning my actions.

"Shorty, are you alright?" She asks.

I still kept my hand close to my mouth. I could feel her hand on my shoulder, wanting to know what I was doing. At that moment, I gave in and clutched my stomach. It gave away what I was trying to do.

"Why are you laughing?!" She panics.

I didn't respond to her panicking. I continued to suppress my laughter, and it came out awkwardly. Darn that cadet for making me look stupid. Before anyone else could see me, I stopped. Face becoming serious again and walking away from the training grounds.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" Glasses shouts.

"To my office." I say, turning around acting like nothing happened.

Oh that moment was gold. Seeing (y/n) slip trying to tackle Jaeger was gold. If I could sell that moment, I'd be rich.

I can't believe she'd actually make me laugh like that.

Tch.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"Come in." I say, looking up to see who came to my office.

"There's something we need to talk about." Erwin says, sitting down in front of my desk.

"What is it? I don't have all day." I say.

"Something will happen next week, we'd better get ready." He says.

"And what is that?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"The 57th expedition outside the walls." He says.

"Alright, inform the cadets." I say.

"One more thing, there's something I need you to do." He says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Remove her from your squad and transfer her to Hanji's squad."

I almost choked on his words. Silence filled the room as he waited for my response. Secretly, I was tightening the grip on my chair. I stopped eventually and let out a small sigh.

"I'm afraid I won't allow you to do that." I respond.

"Is there any reason why not?" He asks.

"It's too much, Erwin." I say.

"Remember the deal we made? You wouldn't want to break it, would you?" He says.

"No, I don't." I say, slightly gritting my teeth.

"Remove her or you lose your position." He says.

"I'd rather lose my position than lose her. You've made me reject her already, I don't want to hurt her again." I say, glaring at him.

"Fine, you can keep her in the squad for now." He says, walking out the door.

As soon as he left, I let out a sigh and held my head in my hands. Erwin has gotten too far already. I don't want to lose her, but at the same time, I don't want to lose my position.

Being a superior, I still have many problems you know.