13 || Unavoidable

❝ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ - 092514 ; ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ - 100417 ❞

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"(Y/n)!"

"You're back!"

"Why didn't you say goodbye?"

"(Y/n), I missed you!"

There it was, attention focused on you - the very thing you didn't want to encounter at the moment. You were already having trouble missing your friends back at the Garrison's, not to mention you didn't want to be here. You remembered Eren, who was probably questioning your actions the most since the last time he saw you.

Speaking of Eren, where is he?

"Umm... Where is Eren?" You ask.

"Eren hasn't been focused that much ever since you left. What did you do to him?" Mikasa asks, glaring daggers at you.

"I-I didn't do anything." You say.

"I will not hesitate to beat you up if you try hurting him again, (y/n)." She says.

"O-okay." You reply.

You were about to look for the said boy when Sasha suddenly wrapped you in a tight hug. You glanced at her face, features showing she was on the verge of crying. However, you stood still, unable to process anything.

"(Y/n)?" A faint voice catches your attention, as Sasha pulls away from you.

"E-Eren?" You ask, turning around to see it was really him.

Eren looked so different from the last time you saw him. His eyes were dull, turquoise orbs seeming to fade just a tad. His hair was shriveled, a few strands sticking out. His clothes were slightly wrinkled, nothing too obvious unless really looked at. Overall, he wasn't the same boy you've known.

All you could think of was what happened when you left. You felt a rush of guilt and concern over you, causing you to run towards his direction without a second thought. You instantly wrapped your arms around him, enveloping him in a hug while you cried on his shoulder.

"I need to talk to you." You say, in between sobs,

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

When your sobbing had finally stopped, you went to your room with Eren. You sat on the edge of your bed while Eren proceeds to sit on the floor. After a few more seconds of silence, you wiped your tears and began to speak.

"About what happened before my departure..." You start off.

"Why have you been crying? It's because of Captain Levi, isn't it?" He asks.

"Yeah..." You say, biting your lower lip.

"You've been rejected?" He asks.

"Yeah..." You reply again.

"I never expected you to be attached to him that way." He sighs.

"I never expected it too." You admit, looking away.

"Well, what are you going to do now?" He asks.

"I was sorta hoping you'd know." You say.

The two of you remained silent. You stared at the floor the whole time, not even trying to lift your head to look at your best friend. Eren, on the other hand, was looking at you with concern. He isn't an expert when it comes to this. He wished he could do something to help, but he knows full well he lacks knowledge in dealing with situations like this.

"I-I need to fix my things, I'll see you later." You say, standing.

"A-alright, see you at dinner." He replies, standing and leaving the room.

Once he left, you stared at the floor again. You let out a heavy sigh and started to unpack your things. Half of you wants to curse Levi, but half of you wants attention and affection from him. You don't even know what to do anymore. What is it with him that you've grown attached to?

Although one thing is for sure, you don't want to see him yet.

But the situation is unavoidable.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"Hey Eren." You greeted, sitting down beside him in the mess hall.

"Hey (y/n)." He replies with the same tone of voice.

For a moment, it was pure silence as none dared to speak up. Armin was quietly fidgeting in his seat, playing with his fingers while Mikasa stared at the both of you. She didn't want to interfere, so she decided to stay silent.

"U-umm, so (y/n)... How was your trip to the Garrison's? Was it-"

"Armin." You cut him off.

"I'm sorry, (y/n)!" He yells, putting his arms up in surrender.

"No, it's okay. It's my fault, I mean..." You let out a groan, running your fingers through your hair in frustration.

"Why does Eren have to be affected of your problems?" Mikasa asks, slightly annoyed.

"I'm just concerned." Eren retorts, facing the black-haired girl.

"Well, you don't have to. Let (y/n) mind her own business." Mikasa replies coldly.

"Mikasa!" Eren scolds.

"Nah. Mikasa's right, Eren." You say, a little guilty.

"I'm going to the training grounds now." Mikasa says, walking off.

"U-umm, Mikasa? Wait!" Armin yells, running after her.

"You can go ahead, Eren. I might need some time alone for a while." You softly say.

"O-okay. I'll see you there." He says, getting up and exiting the room.

You looked around the now empty room, having it all to yourself. You honestly didn't care if you made it late to training or got scolded. The only thing running through your head was how much you wanted to curse your superior, but you stopped yourself from doing so. Letting out a sigh, you got up and pushed the doors open.

Once you got out, all you wanted was to vanish.

One familiar voice, calling out to you.

The situation is unavoidable.

"(Y/n)."