Boss

AN!! So I know Fury's not director but I've changed that and also Bucky's back!

"So what's your favorite color?"

"Black, purple and red."

"I didn't see that one coming." I giggled as Steve looked at me with a puzzled expression. After I had said goodbye to Zach, Steve and I had traveled from New Jersey to New York city to do "something cool" as Steve put it. We were in some sort of building that apparently Steve's boss worked in. It was all very top secret and he wouldn't tell me anything. Steve opened his mouth to ask me another question but before he could, a man with an eye patch came out and called him. Then the guy saw me and walked over.

"Is this the girl?" he asked bluntly.

"Charlie meet Nick Fury. Director of something I'm not allowed to tell you about." I was so confused but I just shook Fury's hand and went back to reading my book.

"Bring her with you." I heard Fury say. I looked up and saw Steve motion for me to follow him. I slung my bag onto my shoulder and timidly followed them into an office.

"Is that a rock wall?" I asked excitedly the second I walked in.

"You climb, I'm assuming?" Fury asked in amusement.

"Yes sir," Steve said proudly "she's pretty good too." Fury nodded at the wall, and I dropped my stuff and sprinted to the base of it. Before I knew it, I was at the top and ten feet above Steve and Fury. I flipped off backwards and landed on my feet by Steve.

"Not bad." Fury said, sounding impressed "If you taught Rogers half of what you just did, he'll be in good shape for the mission I have for him."

"How long is it going to take and what is it I'm doing?" Steve asked resignedly.

"I just want you to climb up the rock wall in the training room and get my phone that Barton left there as a practical joke." Steve looked at Fury like he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"All of that for a phone?" he complained.

"Well it was fun to watch the cameras at the gym and see you falling off the wall."

"That's mean." I said with a frown.

"Well tell Rogers not to make Natasha mad."

"That cookie did not have her name on it!" I rolled my eyes at their childishness.

"Can I just go get the phone, I'll probably have it in five seconds." Fury shrugged and ten minutes later, I was handing him his phone. "Keep a closer eye on your stuff sir." I said sassily. Fury glared at me and I instantly shrunk down in my seat.

"Charlie, why don't you go wait outside while Fury and I discuss something." Steve said gently. I nodded silently and walked to go wait outside the door. I hope Steve wasn't reconsidering adopting me.

Steve's POV

"Are you out of your mind Rogers?!" Fury yelled at me "There is no way that you are going to be able to raise that kid with all the missions you're going on."

"That's why I wanted to talk to you sir." Fury stopped ranting and watched me carefully "I already have a house that's off the grid where I can stay with her. Charlie is one of the most important things in my life right now and I don't want to lose her! With all due respect sir, I'm requesting permission to just be an Avenger and not go on SHIELD missions." I think I had broken Fury. He was looking at me in shock and not saying anything. "Sir?" I asked nervously.

"Does this girl really mean that much to you?" he asked finally "You know she's probably going to have nightmares like you. What's going to happen if she starts getting depressed and can't find an outlet?"

"I'll be by her side. Fury, I can't leave her. Not after all she's been through." Fury sighed and put his head in his hands.

"Fine, Rogers. So help me though, if I hear that the kid's having issues that you can't handle, I'll immediately assign an agent to care for her instead."

"Thank you sir." I said in relief "I promise I won't let you or her down."