News

"OK PEOPLE, THIS IS IT!" I bolted upright and toppled out of bed as Steve came bursting into my room, yelling at the top of his lungs.

        "Why?" I moaned, mostly talking to myself.

        "It's football season Charlie!" Steve exclaimed excitedly as he lifted me up "Time to educate you on the wonder that is America's greatest sport!"

        "Is it though?" I asked tiredly "America wins more gymnastic medals in the Olympics and I've never even heard of us having an Olympic football team." Steve opened his mouth to respond, but couldn't think of anything to say and just lapsed into silence.

        "Just get dressed and meet Bucky and I outside." he said finally as he handed me a jersey and ran out. I shook my head but quickly changed into a patriots jersey and some shorts before running out onto the beach.

        "Why are we doing this again?" I mumbled as I staggered to where Bucky and Steve were.

        "Because football season is coming!" Steve said emphatically "We have to get you caught up so you understand the greatest sport known to America!"

        "Dad," I started to say "I can tell you how to calculate the density of an atom or even how to create a chemical bomb. What I can't tell you however, is anything about football."

        "That's why we're here." Bucky said with a grin. He tossed me a football and I looked at it in confusion. "Tackle me." Bucky said, laughing slightly. My face paled and I looked at him in disbelief.

        "You- You're joking right?" I stammered "You're like twice my height and weight, there is no math in that equation that is favorable to me." Steve was cracking up and Bucky just shook his head.

        "It's not that ha- JESUS CHRIST!" That last part was because I had taken advantage of Bucky being distracted and plowed into him. We both landed in the sand and I sat up on top of him, feeling quite proud of myself. Steve couldn't even stand up straight, he was laughing so hard and Bucky was just staring at me in shock. "I did not expect that." he said appraisingly. I smiled widely and scrambled off of him, giggling happily. That didn't last long because apparently you're supposed to keep running when you have the ball. Steve threw me over his shoulder and ran with me into the ocean before dumping me in the water.

        "TOUCHDOWN!" he yelled excitedly. I coughed up water as I glared at him.

        "Two super-soldiers against one kid?" I muttered "That's fair."

        "Well your teammate just got here." Steve said with a smirk "Why don't you go say hi to her." I whirled around and saw Wanda walking towards us.

        "Wanda!" I squealed as I dashed out of the water and sprinted to her. She caught me in a hug and chuckled softly as I hugged her tightly.

        "I missed you." she whispered.

        "I missed you too." I said with a smile "Ready to help me destroy my dads?"

        "HOW?!" Bucky and Steve both looked at Wanda and I in astonishment as we celebrated our tenth touchdown in a row.

        "DON'T QUESTION IT!" I yelled happily as Wanda and I spun around in an impromptu victory dance "Final score, Super-soldiers ten, Girlfriends twenty! Who was teaching who about football again?"

        "That hurts kiddo." Bucky said as he scooped me up in a hug and tickled my sides. I shrieked with laughter as he carried me back to the house.

        "Alright," Steve said with a smile "don't stay up too late girls." Wanda and I giggled as we sprinted to my room.

        "Are you tired?" Wanda asked softly as we both laid down on the bed. I shook my head silently and she smiled as I curled up next to her. She carefully wrapped an arm around me and kissed my forehead.