The One Where the Story Ends

"I can't believe he actually did this to me." I whispered, my hands clenched into fists as Wanda tried to calm me down. "What kind of monster does this to someone with so much trauma in their lives?" I was seeing red and it wasn't from my girlfriend's powers.

"Sweetheart, I think it was just a spur of the moment decision. Maybe he wasn't thinking clearly?"

"Look at that shit-eating grin and tell me that little bastard didn't intentionally eat my last piece of bacon." Wanda and I stared at our puppy, Mr. Bigglesworth, who was looking at us with a very self- satisfied smile. "You turn away for two seconds and that's when the biggest losses happen," I said mournfully.

"You left bacon unattended in this household? Amateur." I spun on my heel and shot a death glare at Steve who had just walked into the kitchen with Bucky.
"Excuse me for wanting to hug my girlfriend!" I exclaimed. "You should understand that more than anyone. Walls aren't exactly soundproof for the record." Steve and Bucky's faces both went from paper white to beet red faster than bacon disappeared in this house. "That brings me to my next big announcement of the day," I said solemnly. "The first on being the loss of my bacon. Wanda and I found another house about a mile down the road. We had some help from Clint and Pepper, but it's off the grid and it's ours as of yesterday." My dads looked at us in shock as I held up a set of keys for the home that Wanda and I had been stealthily moving our stuff in to yesterday afternoon.

"Are you sure that we should really be splitting up at a time like this?" Bucky said cautiously as Wanda scooped up Mr. Bigglesworth and held him close.

"Steve's retired, and you're the last on call," Wanda pointed out. " Charlie and I rarely go on missions and we figured we could get jobs in town and try to live a little. We've thought this through Bucky, we promise." He looked at me, waiting for an answer. I knew what he wanted to hear. He wanted me to say that I wasn't ready to go out on my own and I needed to stay with him and Steve for a little while longer... but we would both be lying to ourselves.
"Do we still want to keep Fridays as Family Movie Night?" I said softly, smiling as my eyes watered. Bucky nodded and held his arm out so I could hug him tightly. "I love you Папа," I whispered into the fabric of his shirt.

"I love you too Sweetheart."

"Wanda and I are still here if anyone cares..." I laughed and reached my free hand out to pull Steve and Wanda into the group hug.

This was fine, more than fine actually. Who would have thought that seven years ago I was terrified over which family member would take me in, and now I didn't even care about them, because I have something better.
My own family. And that's pretty damn good if you ask me.

A/N!! Hi Everyone!! Wow, what a journey this has been! I started working on this story in 2018 and I've had the time of my life following Charlie and her family on their adventures. It's bittersweet because I'm going to miss writing for this story, but I think I already have some ideas brewing for new ones... Love, Morgan.