Injured

"Charlie wake up! We have to leave!" I bolted upright from my bed as Bucky came running in.

        "What's wrong?!" I demanded as I jumped up.

        "Steve's been hurt." he said hoarsely. My eyes widened and I waited for him to continue "There was a bomb at the base. He's going to live, but Tony said that he's in really rough shape."

        "I'll be ready in two minutes." I said quickly. Bucky hugged me tightly and kissed the top of my head.

        "I love you Charlie." he whispered.

        "I love you too Папа."

        "Where is he?" Tony wordlessly pointed at a room in the hospital and Bucky and I sprinted to the door. I was about to follow in after him, but Bucky quickly blocked me with his arm and turned to face me.

        "Sweetheart," he said softly "I don't want you going in just yet... In case he's not doing as well as they said he is." I nodded silently and backed up. Bucky gave me an encouraging smile before quietly slipping inside.

        "Charlie?" I spun around and practically wept with joy when I saw Wanda waving at me. Without hesitating, I sprinted to her and I actually did start crying when she pulled me into a safe and tight hug.

        "I'm so happy you're here." I choked out.

        "Me too." she whispered as she rubbed my back until I calmed down "He's going to be OK." she said.

        "What if he won't be?" I asked as tears trickled down my face. Wanda gently brushed them away and slowly leaned in to kiss me.

        "As your girlfriend," she said with the hint of a smile "I can not allow you to be either negative or sad." I laughed weakly and leaned into her as she steered me to a chair and carefully pushed me to sit down on it.

        "Why do you care so much about me?" I asked quietly as I rested my head on her lap. She ran her fingers through my hair soothingly.

        "You're my girlfriend, you're nice, funny, sweet," she started to list "need I go on?" I giggled and Wanda smiled down at me. "I love you Charlie." she said it so softly, it might have been a whisper, but I heard her.

        "I love you too." I replied as I sat up to meet her in a kiss.

        "Charlie?" Wanda and I jumped apart as Bucky stuck his head out from the room "Do you want to come say hi to him?" I nodded and Wanda gently pushed me forward as I sprinted toward him.

        "He's still pretty out of it." Bucky told me as I walked over to stand by Steve's bedside.

        "Daddy?" I whispered tearfully. Steve mumbled something in his sleep and Bucky gently placed a hand on my shoulder.

        "He's going to be OK Sweetie." Bucky said softly "The doctors said that he has a pretty good concussion and he'll probably be asleep for a few days." I nodded silently as he kissed the top of my head. "I have to go talk to the doctors some more." he said as he hugged me again "I'll be back in a few." I slowly let go as Bucky quickly walked out. After he left, I stared at the ground as tears poured down my face.

        "Please get better." I begged "You've helped me so much through all I've gone through. When my parents died, you adopted me and took me in as if I were your daughter. Please don't leave me now."

        "Who the hell said I was leaving?" My head jerked up and I saw Steve watching me with a small smile.

        "Hi Daddy." I choked out as I moved to stand next to him.

        "Hi Sweetheart." he said gently "Are you alright?"

        "Says the one in the hospital bed." Steve chuckled softly and slowly pulled me to sit on the bed next to him.

        "What time did you get here?" he asked tiredly.

        "About five in the morning." I said through a yawn. Steve ruffled my hair with a small smile and I carefully laid back so that I was snuggled into his side.

        "Why don't you go ahead and get some sleep Kiddo." he said quietly as he kissed my forehead "I'll be right here when you wake up."

        "I'm glad you're not dead Daddy."

        "Me too."

Bucky's POV

        "Thank you so much." I said to the doctors before walking back into Steve's room. I did a double take when I saw Steve sitting up and Charlie curled up next to him, fast asleep.

        "Hey." Steve said weakly as I walked over to them with a small smile.

        "Hey. How are you doing?" I asked quietly, so as not to wake Charlie. Steve chuckled softly and looked at me with an expression that just said "Really?"

        "My head hurts like hell, you look like you just saw someone die, and my daughter was crying so much that she fell asleep because she thought I was going to die and leave her." My face fell as I carefully sat on the bed and rubbed Charlie's back gently.       

        "I wasn't sure what to tell her." I mumbled as I moved to lay down on the other side of him "I wish I hadn't told her anything though. She freaked out and I'm just so goddamn happy that Wanda was here."

"Hey," Steve said gently "Charlie and I are fine. She was just a little stressed out, and I'm practically unkillable." I chuckled softly and held his hand.

"I love you Steve."

"I love you too Buck."

"If the two of you don't settle down back there, I swear I will pull over and make you walk the rest of the way home!" Wanda, and I laughed as Bucky glared at us playfully. Steve smiled and smacked Bucky's arm lightly as we headed back home. I had asked Wanda to come with us and she'd said yes in a heartbeat.

        "You love us too much." I teased as I leaned against Wanda. She wrapped an arm around me as we gave Bucky innocent glances.

        "Yeah, yeah." he muttered "First Steve gets a concussion, then I have two teenage girls ganging up on me."

        "Love you Папа!" I called.

        "Love you too Charlie."

        "Are you kidding me right now?!" I fell off the couch from laughter as I threw down a draw four. Bucky glared at me as he reluctantly drew his cards.

        "Sleep with one eye open tonight." he muttered. Wanda pulled me into a protective hug and I leaned against her happily.

        "Goddamn it!" Bucky protested as he looked at Steve with a pouty face "I can't prank them if they're adorable, what do I do?!" Steve rolled his eyes and kissed him as we continued our vicious game of Uno. It was all a blur, but the highlights of the game were;

        "DON'T YOU DARE BETRAY ME STEVE ROGERS! I HAVE BEEN SAVING YOUR ASS SINCE THE THIRTIES!"

        As it turns out, Steve and Bucky are extremely competitive when it comes to Uno. I mean, extremely competitive. I honestly think they took this as a real war. Needless to say, they both lost and were very upset about it. They were OK after a movie marathon and some popcorn though.

        "Alright," Bucky said as the movie finished "I think we all need to get some sleep. Steve and I want to try something fun with you tomorrow and you're going to want to be well rested for it."

        "That doesn't sound foreboding at all." I muttered. Wanda giggled quietly as we ran upstairs and jumped under the covers.

        "Goodnight Charlie." she whispered as I snuggled into her side.

        "Goodnight Wanda. I love you."

        "I love you too."