Fight Goes On

There were aliens everywhere. Anytime I killed one, a million more seemed to pop up from out of nowhere. Thankfully I had two dads and a girlfriend who all refused to let me get hurt.

"So, after this," Wanda called over the battle noise as she and I stood back to back with my dads close by so they could keep an eye on me. "I was thinking I'd take you on a real date! There's a nice restaurant around here and I thought it'd be nice!"

"What did my dads say?" I asked as I stabbed an alien before looking up at her tiredly. She offered me a hand up which I gratefully accepted before finding myself face to face with her.

"They said we can't be out later than eight, and they're going to be double dating," she replied with a smirk, as she pulled me out of the way to kill an alien running up behind me.

"Well, I think I can agree to that," I said, a bit breathlessly. Wanda gave me a half smile as we ran to the advancing aliens who were all dead set on killing us. Just another average day.

"Charlie!" I heard Wanda cry. I spun around and saw her waving for me to follow her and I sprinted over letting her grab me around my waist as she flew into the air. "Apparently the Infinity stone's are loose," she said as we hurled above the battle. "Peter's got them, but we have to go help get them to a safe place." I nodded as I gripped her tightly for fear of falling into the chaos below. We landed by a group of other heroes led by someone holding the gauntlet I didn't know, but recognized as the woman who demolished Thanos' ships. Wanda set me down and I drew my knives to stare down a horde of aliens standing between us and the only place that could hopefully give us a fighting chance in this battle.

"I hate these freaking aliens!" I yelled as I stabbed one and then did a one-eighty to cut the head off another. Looking over to check on the status of the Infinity Stones and seeing them safely in the hands of the woman who destroyed a flying battleship, I turned back to the battle, only to get slammed a few yards away by the back of an alien.

"No!" There were a few voices screaming in my head as I looked around in a daze to find myself sprawled across the ground. Slowly, my brain pounding, I reached back and touched the back of my head only to have my fingers come back sticky with blood. My heart flooded with fear and my throat closed up as I laid among the rocks trying not to have a panic attack. I sat up and started to shakily crawl to find a hiding place only to end up a few feet away, curled in a ball beside a small boulder with my lungs tightening like all the oxygen had been stolen from them.

"Charlie?!" I swiveled my head in a blind panic to see Steve sliding in next to me before he placed a hand on my back. "Sweetheart, I need you to breathe for me," he said firmly "I love you so much, but you gotta come back now, alright?" I nodded wordlessly, grasping his hand and squeezing it tightly as I managed to gasp out little bursts of breath. "There's a guy named Scott," Steve said, his voice cutting through the screams of the battle as he rubbed soothing circles on my back "he has a kid around your age. Maybe you and Wanda could go over and say hi sometime, make some more friends."

"Sounds good," I said quietly before standing up and giving him a quick hug. "Love you Dad."

"Love you too Charlie, and go stay by Bucky so he can keep an eye on you!"

"I'm not five years old!"

"Don't sass me young lady!"