3

chapter 3: "the one with the bad friend."
word count: 2713

WE ARRIVED AT some old-school Italian restaurant that was away from enough people that the group would be able to eat their food and enjoy their night without thousands of people recognizing them, which often happened

WE ARRIVED AT some old-school Italian restaurant that was away from enough people that the group would be able to eat their food and enjoy their night without thousands of people recognizing them, which often happened. I ended up sitting in between Heath and Zane, with David across from me. This should be fun. 

A few minutes into the night, I heard my phone ding, it was a text from Jade. 

JJ
know about what time you'll be home?

Me
honestly? no babe. we ended up getting some dinner, 
want me to bring you something home?

JJ
no, i'm inviting Dom over, rather not be 
home alone all night. 

I knew I had rolled my eyes at her response, as much as I loved Jade I hated the way she acted sometimes. She could do anything she wanted in the world without me,  but as soon as I start doing something without her it's a huge issue that she would hold against me forever. It was a sucky feeling some days, but I know she'll get over it soon enough. 

"You good?" David said rather quietly to me, and I nodded my head leaving Jade on read and setting my phone back onto the table, just as our drinks had come out. I had just ordered a water, everyone else buying alcoholic drinks. 

"So, when did you start making music?" Zane asked me and I shrugged my shoulders, it was a rather odd but simple story. 

"I've always really been into something performance art wise, I did dance classes from age three till I came here a few months ago, I did acting classes as a kid, but singing started much later around 10 or 11?" I answered, more as a question at the end. 

"Damn baby, you on your shit," Heath chuckled and we all laughed, a small blush growing onto my lips. 

"Fifty bucks if you hit on the waiter and get his number," Toddy said looking over at me, putting a fifty-dollar bill on the table. I smirked and nodded my head, seeing that the waiter was actually pretty cute. 

"Hi, I'm Blaine, I'll be your server tonight, can I start you guys with anything?" I then raised my fingers to grab his attention. 

"Yeah, I'll start tonight with your number and we can see where it goes from there," I smirked and Blaine blushed a dark red, everyone laughing and teasing him. 

"I'm almost certain we can make that happen dollface," he winked and I chuckled, ordering my food soon after. Everyone else ordered whatever they wanted, Blaine writing down the last bit before flipping his notebook and jotting down something else, ripping the paper out and handing it over to me, "Here's your first order. On the house," he smirked and handed me the slip of paper, walking away. I opened it and found his first name, last name, and a number. I tossed it over to Toddy and held out my hand, letting him slap the fifty into my hands.