4.

chapter four: "the one with the phone call"
word count: 2,341

I WOKE UP IN AN UNFAMILIAR BED with the sound of voices laughing in the other room

I WOKE UP IN AN UNFAMILIAR BED with the sound of voices laughing in the other room. Standing up out of the bed, I threw on a hoodie that was laying on the floor, realizing that it was David's signature Clickbait hoodie. I chuckled at myself and fixed my hair a little more, double checking my face before walking out into the living room, finding David, Jason, Trish, and another guy I didn't know the name of. 

"Look who's awake, it's only noon!" Jason teased me and I rolled my eyes, David handing me a drink from Starbucks. I thanked him for it and took a sip, feeling instantly happier from the caffeine, "So, did you two finally hook up?" Jason asked again, making me slap him on the arm. 

"When will you people realize that Dave and I are just friends," I urged and all Jason did was a laugh. He was the real pain in my ass, forget about Dobrik over here. 

"Well, hi, I'm Matt King, I've heard nothing about you," The mystery guy shook my hand and I smiled, shaking it back. 

"Stella Dior, friends with David," I explained and Matt smiled, giving David a 'you better' kind of glare. I then turned to David and looked up at him as he was sitting on the counter, "I have to go home, but I will text you because someone might be bailing me out of jail tonight, and you're the one with the money," I joked and everyone nodded their heads and laughed, agreeing with me. I set my coffee down on the counter next to David and went back into the guest bedroom where my stuff was. Opening my bag, I realized I really did angrily back this bag, as I had an outfit I would've never worn before. I threw on the pair of leggings and a crop top shirt, putting on a pair of flip-flops before heading back to where everyone was. 

"Why don't I just go with you? Just in case she tries something?" Dave asked me and I shook my head, grabbing my phone off of the charger in the living room, seeing a ton of messages from Jade, Dom, Chelsea, and my parents. I ignored them and packed the rest of my stuff, looking over at everyone, "Let me go with you, please?" David asked and I shook my head once again. 

"No, I'm not letting you get dragged into this, plus, as great as you are, it'll probably make it worse," I explained and went to walk over to grab my coffee. 

"Why would I make it worse?" David asked, Jason's eyes went wide and I laughed at his reaction. 

"David, you're psycho!" Jason yelled and I put my hand on Jason's chest telling him to relax while looking back at David. 

"No, it'll make it worse because the fight started about you?" I mumbled towards the end, hoping he didn't really hear me. David then gasped and told me to explain, so I did, "Yes, Dom and Jade were hooking up loudly. Yes, I went in and told them to shut up, but, Jade really got mad because I've been spending a lot of time with you and your friends and she felt left out." 

David looked at me confused, "But, you've invited her out with us and she's said no, every time," he explained and I nodded my head, "If you need anything just call me, okay?" he questioned and I nodded my head, saying goodbye to everyone and embarking on this journey I knew I was going to want to leave.