8.

chapter 8: "the one with the party vibes (pt.2)"
word count: 1,984

JADE AND I ARRIVED at the boy's house a lot faster than we thought we would

JADE AND I ARRIVED at the boy's house a lot faster than we thought we would. Traffic in LA was always very unpredictable. Jade was very excited for this party, as she and Dom finally stopped their little fling and she felt like a free woman all over again. In other words, she was going to try and sleep with as many people tonight. I didn't mind her doing that, it was her decision, not mine, but, it did get a little annoying when those people are all of my friends. It makes it awkward for me. 

Walking into the house, it was just starting to get a little crazy. It was definitely considered more of a get-together than an actual party, as everyone who was coming were all friends. It wasn't often we had everyone all together in one house, so this was an environment I would take advantage of. There were still some members of the Vlog Squad I have yet to meet, and I was hoping I would end up meeting them tonight. 

I knocked on the front door, and a few moments later I saw Toddy on the other side, "Hey! Come in!" he cheered and I smiled, giving him a quick hug and reintroducing him to Jade. They said their hello's and I took Jade into the backyard where everyone else was. I said hi to everyone I knew, introducing myself to the people I've yet to meet. 

"You're Stella right, David's friend?" It was Matt King. Sure, I knew who he was, but we've yet to have a formal meeting. I nodded my head and gave him a quick hug talking to him about the usual get-to-know-each-other stuff. A few moments later a song came on, making me look right at David. It was my song, and he was standing right by the speaker with his phone. I smiled and rolled my eyes, letting him pull me to wherever he wanted to go, it just so happened to be in front of everyone. 

"Hey, guys!" David yelled out to everyone, making me hide my face in my hands as I blushed, turning away from everyone,"I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out to support Stella with her new song," he exclaimed, making me look at him confused, "She thought this was just a normal party, but it is actually a congrats party with everything she's done these last few months!" David yelled out, filming what was happening right now, including my reaction. My jaw dropped when I heard those words, it was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me, I couldn't believe it. 

"This is a joke," I mumbled to him, David shaking his head. Everyone then continued to do whatever they were doing, completely oblivious to their surroundings. I then turned to David, still confused on what was happening, "Who did this?" I asked him, making him shrug and point to himself, "Dave? Really?" I questioned, to which he nodded his head with that signature goofy smile. 

"Yeah, well, I figured Jade would've done it, so I'm sorry it wasn't sooner," he apologized and I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at him confused. 

"Dave, no, this is perfect, thank you," I smiled and wrapped my arms around neck, hugging him tightly. He was rather hesitant for a moment, but I soon felt his arms wrap around my waist and pull me into him. A few moments later I pulled away from him and watched as a small blush rose onto his cheeks. I thanked him once more and felt someone grab my wrist, it is Heath.