13.

chapter 12: "the one with the bedroom makeout."
word count: 2,008

ARRIVING AT THE RESTAURANT was a lot easier than I thought it would be

ARRIVING AT THE RESTAURANT was a lot easier than I thought it would be. David and I seemed to feel even more comfortable around each other if that was even possible, our friends were being their usual selves, nothing seemed to be awkward. Sure, they didn't know about Dave and me, but I wasn't even sure about how things would work out with us. Yeah, I, of course, want to be with him wholeheartedly, I'm just not too sure if he wants to. 

Yes, I'll admit I'm probably being dramatic, but I'm going to be the first girl he's going to be with exclusively since Liza, that scared me a little bit. I know he'll always have a love for Liza, that didn't bother me. What bothered me was the fact that if Liza called him saying he wanted to get back together, I'm not entirely sure he would turn her down. You're with someone for two straight years those feelings and emotions don't go away overnight. All I could do now is simply ignore my feelings about it and hope they pass once we get further into this, well, relationship. 

"I think Scotty made the reservation," Dave sighed once we got to the restaurant, a smile on my face once I spotted the familiar cars in the parking lot, "Thank you for actually listening to me and coming out tonight," he mumbled out rather shyly, which was odd for him, "What?" he questioned as he opened to door for me, leading the way to the table all of our friends were out. 

"Look, the couple of the hour is here!" Toddy yelled out, making everyone turn their heads and laugh, causing me to roll my eyes, "Look, we saved two seats right next to each other for you guys, go ahead lovebirds," I then glared at Toddy and sat down, kicking his shin as hard as I could underneath the table. Toddy then screamed out and grabbed his leg, making sure I didn't bruise him or anything. I kinda hoped I did. 

"Make a joke like that again and it will be your dick," I smirked and sat down in the chair they saved for me, Heath on my right with David on my left. I grabbed a menu from the middle of the table, trying to decide what I wanted, finally deciding on my usual order of the Alfredo pasta with grilled chicken. Sighing, I turned over to David who was scrolling through Twitter looking for his usual shoutout at the end of his vlog. 

"He's cute, do him," I joked and pointed out some dude on the thread. I laughed at David's reaction, his jaw-dropping as he looked over at me with a sigh. 

"Well, that hurts," he whispered low enough for only me to hear, a smile across my lips as he continued to find the fan. He ended up picking a random girl, screenshotting her twitter page and saving it to his phone for when he edits later tonight. 

Soon enough the waiter came around to take everyone's order. Going around the table, Dave and I were last, and before I could even place my order, David answered it for me. 

"I'll get two Alfredo pasta with grilled chicken please," he answered and handed my menu and his menu to the waiter, I giving him a confused look, "You order the same thing, every time we come here so I don't want to hear it," David smirked and then laughed at our friend's reactions.