11.

chapter 11: "the one with the feeling"
word count: 1,616 words

IT'S BEEN ABOUT A WEEK since I last spoke to anyone in the group, and that includes my roommate. I wanted nothing to do with anyone since they've all found out about my feelings for David. This was because I knew if they knew, that means Dave probably knew as well, and I wasn't ready to deal with that just yet. He's called me a few times, as well as text me, but I was still too anxious to talk to him about this right now. 

"Stell, you've got to get out of the room at some point, please?" It was Jade once again. It felt good that she cared about me, but then again I hated her for it since all I wanted was to be left alone, "You've left me no other choice, I'm calling him." Knowing her false claim previously, I decided to just turn over once again and go to sleep yet again. Well, at least trying to. 

"He's on his way now. You have fifteen minutes to come out and I'll tell him to go away," I then reached behind my head and grabbed a pillow, whipping it as hard as I could at my door creating a loud slam, "Fine! Have it your way!" Jade screamed and stomped off. I then turned on some music and blasted it as loud as I could to try to tune her out. Tune everybody out. 

About twenty minutes later, I heard a faint knock on my door. Figuring it was Jade once again, I ignored it, "I have a key to your bedroom, so at least put pants on," It was David. David Dobrik. The man I've been avoiding for the last week. A few moments later I saw my doorknob turn to reveal Dave on the other side, he looked as much of a mess as I did, "Well, you were always the pretty one," he teased, making me chuckle a little despite fighting it off as hard as I could, "There's that smile," he mumbled and came in, shutting the door behind him and walking over to me, setting his camera down on the table next to us, "I was filming with Jason and Trish when the phone rang, are you okay?" he questioned, to which I gave him a knowing look. 

"Do I look okay Dobrik?" I sighed, to which he nodded his head and sighed, "Why are you here Dave?" I questioned him, a frown falling onto my face. 

"I'm here because you need someone to talk to, and I know you a lot better than you might like to think Ella," he sighed and sat down on my bed facing him, leaning his arm across my legs to support himself, he frowned, "I really can't help but think you're like this because of me." 

I then felt tears well up in my eyes, "It's not because of you Dave, it's just everything right now," I began to explain, feeling a little uncertain of what his intentions were. 

"I can't help you unless you talk to me Ella, what is going on?" he questioned once again, resting his hand on my legs that sat crossed. That's when the waterworks came.

"David if you don't know by now, then it's no use," I shrugged off and shook my head, "I've made it pretty obvious by now." 

David then shook his head at me, sitting directly across from me and throwing his legs over mine to make sure I didn't move anywhere, "No, I'm tired of you shutting out from me Ella, tell me what is bothering you. Now.

I then couldn't take it anymore, all that anger and embarrassment I've ever felt came up at that moment. All my emotions came flooding down my face, in my words, yet, I felt the safest I ever had, "You wanna know Dave?" I questioned, to which he nodded his head, "I'm pretty sure I'm falling in love with you, okay? I'm almost certain I love you." My answer made him froze, "I didn't want to tell you because I know you'll never feel the same, and I thought if I ignored you I would get over it, but I didn't. It made me realize how much I need you, it made me realize how much I want to be around you and--" I was then cut off by David pressing his finger to my lips. 

"Not being around you made me feel like I was drowning. It made me feel like no matter how much I tried, I couldn't make it out on top. I didn't know how to help you, what to do, who to call. I even debated on whether or not I should call your mother for crying out loud," David and I both then chuckled and smiled, "And seeing you cry, over me? That breaks my heart more than you can imagine," We then sat in silence for a moment, neither of us too sure what to do at this point. After a few minutes, David's phone dinged. It picked it up and noticed it was from Jason asking if he wanted to film some bit they've been talking about. 

"So? Where do we go from here?" I questioned, looking up at him with a sigh. 

"Well, I'm pretty sure you need to go put some clothes on because I'm taking you to the boy's house to get out of your apartment and see your friends," David explained and stood up, pulling me up with him. 

"I'm not in the mood Dave," I explained, to which David shrugged. 

"I don't care what you're in the mood for, you're going to regret it if you don't go, and I'm going to get the text or phone call at one in the morning asking to go to the beach or something because you're bored," I chuckled and nodded my head, going into the closest and grabbing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Walking into the bathroom I washed my face and put on the new clothes, putting a pair of flip-flops on my feet, "Ready?" David questioned, to which I smiled and nodded my head, grabbing my phone before stepping out of my bedroom. 

"We're going to the boys' house, I'll see you later?" I mentioned to Jade who laid on the couch, a smile on her face as she finally saw me alert and walking. She nodded her head and told us to be safe before we walked out of the apartment, David standing a little far away from me, "You okay?" I questioned, to which David smirked and nodded his head. 

"Yeah, just admiring how beautiful you are," he smirked and threw his arm around my shoulders and lead me to the elevator to the parking garage downstairs. We got into the Tesla and I felt the hot air of the car hit me as I got inside. I sighed and put on my seatbelt, looking over at David as he got his camera set up on his make-shift tripod in the car, "Welcome to Driving with Ella, and this weeks episode is brought to you by SeatGeek!" David screamed and then began blasting the song that was playing when we had our first movie night at his house. Love is an Open Door from the movie, Frozen. It wasn't one of my faves, but I knew for sure David loved it. 

During the chorus, David and I sang our hearts out and I threw my hands up into the air with a smile, "Babe! We're gonna crash! Don't do that!" David laughed and screamed out, grabbing my hand and putting on my lap. My jaw dropped and I watched as he blushed profusely, "Listen, that was an accident, we're never going to mention that again," 

"You called me babe," I smiled, looking over at him with a smirk on my face, David who looked like a deer in front of headlights just pointed his finger over at me, "You can't take that back Dave, that's there forever," I smiled and watched as David sighed and shook his head at my reaction. I then looked at the camera with a smile, "That's not going in the vlog!" I screamed and David laughed, turning off the camera and putting his hand on my thigh as we drove to the boys' house. 

"Speaking of babe," David sighed, looking over at me with a serious face, "Can I call you babe? Is that a thing?" he questioned me. 

I looked at him like he was dumb, "Literally ten minutes ago I was telling you that I loved you, the ball is in your court," I explained, turning back to my twitter feed. I then felt David tap my lap a few times to get my attention. I then looked over at him and wore a smile on my face as I saw how nervous he was. He glanced over at me as we pulled into the boy's driveway. He put the car in park and turned to face me, a serious look on his face. 

"Can I kiss you?" he questioned, to which I chuckled and rolled my eyes, leaning forward and placing my lips onto his. I instantly felt his hands travel right up to my face, holding me right against him. We pulled away a few moments later, a smirk playing on his lips, "That answers my question, babe," he teased himself once again, rolling his eyes. 

"Oh shut it," I joked and leaned in again, pressing my lips to his once again. 

This. This is what I've been waiting for.