Leopold Part 2/2

—What is this place? —Leopold asked confused as he looked around trying to find something that could indicate where he was but no matter how much he looked for something that could serve as a reference, there was simply nothing. The only thing he saw around him was an extensive meadow.

In front of him a few kilometers away was a forest, behind he could see the castle city, on his left was a large lake and on his right he could see what appeared to be the devil's skull.

—Shouldn't be here a village? —

Leopold began to walk around until in one way or another he ended up reaching the shore of the lake he had previously seen. He stopped near the shore and looked into the crystal clear water that was reflecting the sunset rays. He brought his hands to his head and began to ruffle his hair desperately as he tried to think about what he would do to convince (Y/N) to return to the Clover Kingdom with him but ...how in the hell was he going to do to convince her?

Even if he told Heilig that he would find a way to do it, Leopold had no idea what to do, much less was able to persuade people as his brother do.

Unlike Fuegoleon, he did not have that aura of confidence that his brother gave away, much less was able to analyze things calmly as him, and now that we are talking about that girl, he was less able to remain calm beside her.

Since the time he met her during the battle against the beasts, he had taken some interest in her because of how curious her magic was. She seemed to be a worthy enemy with whom to fight but after discovering that she was only under the control of someone, a slight hatred and a great disappointment seized him. Was all that power just because she was under the control of someone else? All that magic and agility, did not belong to her only?

And that only got worse when Julius said that she was his daughter. Leopold thought that someone as weak as her did not deserve to be the daughter of the most powerful mage in the kingdom so every time he crossed path with her, he could not help but ignore her or bother her for that reason... without knowing that the reason for that was because apparently she needed a good reason to use her magic, that she was much more skilled than she appears to be.

And now for his fault... he had ruined the opportunity to wake his brother from the dream he was in. If he had known that she was able to use the ancient healing magic of the elves, he would never have interrupted her in the process of the spell and right now this would not be happening.

Suddenly the tranquility that surrounded him was disturbed when Leopold heard a slight noise behind him which made him quickly get out of his thoughts and turn around to see what was causing that sound only to find the face of a young man with golden eyes staring at him. That scared him a bit and made him jump out of fright and he ended up falling into the lake.

Leopold tried to get up as he could from the water and while he tried desperately to get to the shore, the young albino that had frightened him was floating in the air laughing at what had happened to Leopold.

—Did I scare you so easily? —Hervor asked mockingly as he tried by all means to contain the laughter but seeing that Leopold came out of the water completely soaked and furious, he could not help but laugh much louder because of the expression that the young man was showing —humans are really very funny... but not all of them are like that... —Hervor's gaze turned somber when he said those last words but it was so sudden and fleeting that Leopold did not notice it.

The magician approached the young albino and looked at him in surprise.

—You... I thought you disappeared that time...— Hervor tilted her head without understanding what Leopold tried to say as he slowly stops floating and descend to the ground.