*Part Six*

Me, Candy and Pacifica sit in the kitchen drinking some pink lemonade, we decided to take a break from fixing up the place. I notice an awkward tension filling up the silence between us three, I remember Candy didn't like Pacifica back in the old days but. I turn and look at Candy who is angrily muttering to herself, isn't she being a little bit extreme. I heard Candy was moving to Gravity Falls too, so I decided to ask if she wanted to work for me and Dipper. "So... you guys excited for tomorrow?" I ask trying to break the silence, the two girls look at me with confused expressions. "What's Tomorrow?" Candy asks taking another sip of her lemonade, "Well, tomorrow we're going to decide what job you guys are going to do, like serving customers or cooking in the kitchen". Candy's eyes fill with sparkles, "I hope I get to serve customers, there might be some cute ones" she says smiling brightly and imagining some maybe future customers. I nod excited too, I switch my gaze over to Pacifica who instead of being excited like us two looks nervous and depressed. I wonder what's up with her? I tap on her shoulder and she immediately turns to me, "are you okay?" I ask. She looks down probably with a guilty expression, "I'm fine". "At least answer her honestly when she's worried about you" Candy sneers, the blonde faces up and fiercely glares at Candy. That's not helping! Pacifica turns back to me with an odd expression, "fine" she sighs, "I'm... I'm not good at anything, I never cooked before, I'm rude and obnoxious so I definitely can't serve customers. So I don't know what I could do and I really need the money" she says looking disappointed in herself, so I was right, she does need the money. A small frown appears on my face, she sure doesn't see herself very nicely either.
"Why the heck does the rich Pacifica Northwest need money?" Candy snaps, I scowl at Candy making her get up from the table, huh? She grabs my arm pulling me up from the table and bringing me to the living room. "Why are you so nice to Pacifica?" She asks furrowing her eyebrows, why does everybody dislike Pacifica so much? "Because she's nice to me". "But what about when she was rude to us years ago?" She asks sounding desperate, "the past is in the past!" I say getting more and more frustrated, "you can't just forgive someone so quickly!" Candy yells, "quickly!?! It's been five years! Get over yourself!" Her face changes to a shocked expression, I don't normally get this angry, suddenly we hear Pacifica walk into the living room. "I'll just go... so please stop fighting over me of all people" she says, my expression turns to a concerned one. "Wait Pacifica" I say but she has already left the building, cheese and crackers! You've done it now!

Author: This part is dedicated to Watergirl430, thank you for being the first to vote on this story!