#Part Sixteen#

A large yawn escapes my mouth as I groggily walk through the town I've lived in my whole life. I've decided that Mabel must have used me as an excuse, besides it's not odd to compliment people, though I wish she would have meant in a... more... romantic way. I shake my head, attempting to rid my mind of these selfish thoughts. Suddenly I'm surprised by a small ding from my back pocket. I take out my phone and see a message from Dipper; "hey Pacifica, do you mind coming over to help Mabel decide colours? she's having a hard time deciding." It's not like I have anything else to do, I type back a quick coming over now and start walking in the direction of the soon to be restaurant.

I knock on the door and Dipper let's me in, guiding me to Mabel's bedroom. As soon as he leaves me at the door, my nerves start to increase. She was just trying to get herself out of a situation, I knock on the door, not so long after Mabel opens it with a large smile covering her face. My cheeks redden all of a sudden, then why am I so flustered?

"Hi Pacifica!" She says still wearing the same smile, "h-hi" I reply walking inside. When I enter I notice multiple sheets of paper with squares of various colours on them spread across the floor. "Come have a seat, on the only clear place on the floor" she laughs gesturing towards an oval shape in the middle of the large mess. I nervously nod and tiptoe to the space, Mabel does the same.
"S-so what have you decided so far?", suddenly her happy expressions changes to an embarrassed one. "....none..." she says scratching the back of her neck, disappointment finds its way onto my face. "And how long have you been doing this?", "four or f-five hours". "What?!?!... geez.... let's get started then" I say picking up some wall colour examples. Mabel nods and looks over my shoulder, examining the colours, "I can't decide between the pale pink and the sky blue" she says, moving her face closer to my shoulder until she's almost resting her chin on it. "A-actually, I think the lemon yellow would be best" I state a little flustered. The brunette nods and says "then it's decided".

Times passes quickly and eventually night rests upon us, we manage to get all the colouring plans done, though we're very tired. "Thanks for this Pacifica" Mabel says, sitting in her desk chair staring out her window. I stay silent and continue to stare at the beauty being radiated from every part of her. She turns around with a confused look, "hey, you doing ok?" She asks, joining me on the ground, "what do you mean?", "well this whole day you've been kind of quiet, plus the huge bags under your eyes", she points to under my eye. Am I that easy to read? "J-just a lot of stuff on my mind that's all" I reply looking away from the beautiful woman. "Can I know what's been swirling around in your there?" I stay silent, "what if I tell you something you don't know about me first then?", suddenly I'm intrigued and looking straight at her face. "Well, I"

Author: what is she gonna say? Take a guess.