*Part Twenty Four*

"Hey Mabel, what going on?" Her voice squeaks through the phone, "I need your help", "is it love trouble?" She asks almost immediately, "you guessed it!" I reply I can practically feel her eyes lighting up through the phone. "I knew it, you finally realized you like someone! Who is it? Who is it? Who is it?",
"Well... Actually its Pacifica"

Suddenly the call goes quiet and my tone turns to concern. "Candy?" I ask, not long after a chuckle comes from the other line. "oh Mabel... You're so funny" she laughs gasping for air, "huh? What did I say that was funny?", I tilt my head though I know she can't see it. "That you like Pacifica, duh" she states as if it was the clearest thing in the world. My expression changed to an empty, cold one.

"I'm not kidding. I'm in love with Pacifica." I rebuttal making it impossible for her to misunderstand. "Mabel... that's disgusting..." Her voice rings through the call.

"What?", "not only the fact that you like a girl but that girl is Pacifica, Pacifica!", something snaps in me at that moment, what is she talking about? She's so lucky the author wants to keep this family-friendly or I would say some really inappropriate words! "How..." Is all manage to get out still shocked. "It's ok Mabel, I'll fix this," she says in a soft, calm tone. Before I can yell at her she hangs up the call.

"What is she planning?" I ask myself a few hours later, staring at the paint that's slowly peeling off my bedroom roof. Suddenly I'm surprised by a ring coming from my phone. I pick it up and look at the caller Id, "😍Pacifica😍" I read, once I realise the cutie who's calling me my finger darts to the answer button. "Hey Pacifica" ", I say trying to hide my excitement to hear her voice, but soon all that excitements lost when I hear a sniff and a sob. "Pacifica are you ok?" I ask concern filling up every inch of me. "Why do I have to be like this?" She says between sobs, "what's the matter?" My worry continues to grow more when I don't hear a reply. "I'm coming over now".

Author: what could candy be planning or maybe... Already done?
Also guys, could you do me a favor? On my message board, I posted a message about publishing a new story, where I ask you to vote. Could you all be amazing and read it and vote? Thanks so much if you do!