#Part Eleven#

My sweat increases as I watch Candy get ready for her "test". After lunch, we finally start the event we originally came for, "alright, first we will start with your serving skills" DIpper says leading Candy and me to the kitchen. We enter and see Mabel sitting down at a table pretending to read a blank piece of paper, which I'm guessing is the menu. Candy nods and takes a deep breath before entering the room, she walks up to the table confidently. "Hello miss, are you ready to order?" she asks with a polite smile, "yes I am, I would like a greek salad without the dressing and a coke," Mabel says flawlessly acting the role of a customer. Candy nods and heads back to Dipper, me and Brett, Dipper nods at her and scribbles down something on his clipboard. "Alright, Brett it's your turn", "yes sir," he says and starts walking over to Mabel. I can feel my heart beat quicken as he starts asking for her order, what if I don't get a job? This is my only chance, I have to do this or I'll never be able to leave that hell. Brett quickly finishes his turn, "and last but not least Pacifica", I nod. If I can't do this there are the other jobs like cleaning or cooking... the things I've never done... "Pacifica?" Dipper says interrupting my thoughts, "right" I say and head into the kitchen. All of a sudden my legs stop moving and I fall onto the cold hard ground, Mabel rushes over and helps me up. In the corner of my eye, I notice Dipper writing something down.

The second test begins, cleaning and I flawlessly fail, continuing to embarrass myself.

The last stage begins, cooking. For the first time today I see Candy fail miserably, she boils the pasta for too long causing it to be way too soggy to eat. She also forgets to chop and add tomatoes, I almost crack out laughing throughout her horrendous performance.  When its the flirts turn he does pretty good but keeps on looking at the recipe every minute. Finally, it's my turn, I look at the recipe and check if all the tools and ingredients I need are there. This is your last chance. I start cooking and almost forget the recipe is there, boiling the pasta perfectly while chopping ingredients to go into the pasta sauce and finally putting it all together with a little bay leaf on top. Dipper sits down at the table and I place the dish in front of him, a smile appears on his face as he smells it, giving me a spark of hope. He grabs the fork and puts a piece of pasta with mince and sauce on top, eventually, he eats the food. A larger smile covers his face as he chews in delight, a wave of relief runs through my body.

Author: Somebody has a knack for cooking. 800+ and so quickly! Thanks a bunch, you guys!