^ Part Twenty Three ^

Seeing Pacifica when we first arrived wasn't what shocked me but how much she had changed.
I happily watched from the sidelines while Mabel and Pacifica grew closer. Until I started to notice some changes in their relationship, like how flustered Pacifica got or how much Mabel would ramble on about the girl. Soon it became pretty clear they liked each other, but Mabel kept it to herself and was too dense to notice the signs that her love wasn't unrequited.

I sip my coffee trying my best not to burn my tongue, "Ehh?!?! I slept through the whole afternoon?!?!" I hear Mabel scream from upstairs. Being used to her screaming I don't even flinch, a few minutes later of me reading and drinking my sister runs down stairs and immediately heads towards the front door, not even caring about breakfast. "To Pacifica's" she orders herself, halfway through the doorway. "why are you rushing over to Pacifica's this early in the morning?" I ask, blinking a couple of times in an attempt to grasp the situation, "I had a dream last night and I realised I've been a horrible friend. I forgot to tell her one of the most important things about me" my twin replies talking as fast as she can, before I can convince her to eat breakfast she says a quick goodbye and darts out onto the front lawn. Why so suddenly? Is it that important? Oh, that girl... I take another sip of my coffee, silently sniffing the sweet smell.

An hour or two passes and I'm reading over some information about the new restaurant when Mabel walks in. "How'd it go?" I ask looking up from the paper, I notice her flustered expression and the redness under her eyes. "...well?" She replies making her answer sound more like a question, I furrow my brows, concerned for the girl and stand up from the kitchen table. "Hey, you ok? Did it not go well?" I ask walking over, once I reach her she stays silent for a few seconds before screaming in excitement "we kissed! And I didn't even do it first! She did!" She jumps around, a large and shiny grin on her face. "So are you guys finally dating?", I raise my eyebrows, searching her face for an answer. The brunette calms herself and answers "yep! I asked her out on an date tomorrow". I smile filled with relief and joy for my beloved sister, she pulls me into a hug and I happily oblige. Though I didn't expect her to whisper "now it's your turn to find a special someone" in my ear before running up to her room, giggling insanely. I blush and walk my way over to where I was formally sitting, trying to pretend she didn't say a word.

#Pacifica's Perspective#

Looking down at the pebbles below me a smile forms of my face. We kissed, she liked it... She likes me! I giggle to myself probably sounding like some kind of lunatic. "Since whatever you talked about with brown haired woman looks like it went well, think your ready to tell Mr and Mrs Northwest your little secret?" Guy asks bopping me on the nose, "right now?" I almost yell, he nods and gives me a reassuring smile. "It'll be fine, but no offence, I don't want to get married to you. I already have someone in mind" he smirks, fantasies with that certain man probably filling his mind. "I know... I just don't know if I can handle them not accepting me, I'm not even close to being a strong person", "well I'd have to disagree" I look up to the male with 'what?' covering all the inches of my face, "you told me that since you were 13 everybody besides your parents hated you, but you survived that for many years, some people I know couldn't even survive one" Guy says genuinely, I smile back at him and take a deep breath. You were bound to do it someday Pacifica, why not today?

*Mabel's Perspective*

I plop down on my bed for what feels likes the millionths time this month. When I first came to Gravity falls, I didn't think I would fall in love with Pacifica, it wasn't even a option that came to mind once! A smile spreads across my face and I place my hands behind my head, but gosh, am I glad I did.

I manage to convince myself to stay awake and not sleep the through the whole afternoon again by trying to think of some good date ideas for tomorrow. "Hmm... Argh I'm not sure", is the answer I come to after sitting still for 40 minutes. I need some help, I take out my phone and call up my good old friend Candy.

"Hey Mabel, what going on?" Her voice squeaks through the phone, "I need your help", "is it love trouble?" She asks almost immediately, "you guessed it!" I reply, I can practically feel her eyes lighting up through the phone. "I knew it, you finally realised you like someone! Who is it? Who is it? Who is it?",
"Well... Actually its Pacifica"

Author: yes, I did just leave you with two cliffhangers and I'm not ashamed!